cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X470 F-Gaming USB Headers not working properly

mike9442455
Level 7
I've searched the forum and internet for over a week now and am having trouble finding reliable information pertaining to my issue. Fingers crossed you guys may be able to assist.

everything was working fine to my knowledge as of two weeks ago. This whole situation started after attempting to update my drivers. windows was having a hard time getting information from my monitor. i tried using a driver updating tool to stream line the process and that was a horrible idea. I lost all USB support and was not able to use usb keyboard or mouse at windows. I did have control in BIOS so i used BIOS to boot into safe mode (rear IO didnt know front usb wasnt working at this time) and get some basic drivers installed.

afterwards i noticed i lost communication with Aura sync and ICUE. After some trouble shooting i found that my USB plug from my pump to my usb header was not communicating and windows was only able to recognize my pump if i used a usb cable from the pump to a rear usb port on the motherboard. After updating some more drivers and updating my bios and all available drivers from asus i managed to get everything recognized in ICUE and Aura sync. (using the rear usb cable and not the Headers)

I assumed i was having issues with the cable so i tested my front case mounted USB (3.0 and 2.0 rosewill cullinan case) and found that though they had power windows couldnt recognize anything i plugged in (this also includes one blue usb on the rear IO). when windows is running i lose all comms from those usb but after searching online i found someone recommending testing in BIOS and the ports work normally in BIOS but not when using windows.

i have tried all available drivers on asus. i have used Driver store explorer to remove old drivers. i have tried updating and reinstalling all usb root hub drivers. i also downloaded what chipset drivers are available on asus's site for my board. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. i have manage to get it operational but i would like everything to work and if i need the headers in the future i would like them to function properly.

Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0