cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS X299 SAGE/10G MEUpdateTool_UI_20190508

alvarogiudi
Level 8
hello

the link of the motherboard support proposes to update IME firmware.
Version 11.11.65.1590 2019/07/023.34 MBytes
MEUpdateTool V11.11.65.1590

1) i can't understand which ime firmware i have on the motherboard.
2) I can't find any software that detects it.
3) I can't understand if my firmware is newer than the one proposed by this update.
4) I can't understand if there are newer ime updates.

Please don't give me the answer: "if the support proposes it, it means that it must be done"
to know perfectly well that asus abandons the motherboards as driver support,
and leaves us users to look/find/test new versions.
So if I see an update ime I can also think that my motherboard has a more recent version

thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Mixer
Level 7
Hello:
Asus MEI information is a mass of confusion. Here's what I could find out, but not verify (because everyone at Asus has a different answer).

There are two components that work together:
Note: Don't confuse the Intel MEI or IMEI with the MEupdatetool.

1. Intel MEI (Intel Management Engine Interface) software. This software is required by your motherboard as far as I know.
2. MEUpdate tool. This updates both the motherboard bios and MEI software (see below for updating and why).
For most Asus motherboards, the download center will list both of these for downloading. However, it is highly confusing.

The MEUpdate Tool is a combination bios based firmware and OS software update.
2. ME updates are for "patching" Intel processor exploitations that are NEWER than the current bios .
3. I was told if the bios you are using is newer than the MEupdatetool, then the bios will contain the latest patches. If your bios is older, and there is isn't a newer bios, then the recommendation is to patch with the MEupdatetool.
4. To patch with the MEupdatetool, the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) software must be installed. The normal order of installation is: Chipset Driver, then Intel Management Engine Interface, then ME Update tool. Following that: Video, Audio....etc., drivers.

There is a Intel Diagnostic Tool that will check for exploitation, but when I tried it, before and after using the MEUpdate Tool, I didn't get anything that made any sense. You can get that from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28632/Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Intel...

Your questions:
Open Device Manager by (Windows 10) searching for it in the search box. Scroll down and click on "System Devices" to open up the category. Scroll and find the entry: "Intel Management Engine Interface". Next, double click it. Now click on "Driver" and you'll see the Driver Version, Date...etc.
That would be the Device Manager for information, or the Intel diagnostic tool linked above.
3) I can't understand if my firmware is newer than the one proposed by this update.
Device Manager will tell you that.
Compare the version numbers and the dates.

hello

i have use intel software and resolut:

pc device manager show only driver installed and not show firmware mei.

I am using the latest mei drivers for firmware of 5mb as this board uses this class of drivers. Mei firmware have drivres for 1.5mb/firmware and 5.0mb/firmware

i use drivers:
intel_mei_1937.12.0.1312 corporate (this is for firmware 5mb) (this drivers allows start software for upgrade firmware)

the latest firmware is:
Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version 11.12.77.1664

ime firmware not insert on bios of motherboard.

it should be asus to provide the update package.

Mixer wrote:
Hello:
Asus MEI information is a mass of confusion. Here's what I could find out, but not verify (because everyone at Asus has a different answer).

There are two components that work together:
Note: Don't confuse the Intel MEI or IMEI with the MEupdatetool.

1. Intel MEI (Intel Management Engine Interface) software. This software is required by your motherboard as far as I know.
2. MEUpdate tool. This updates both the motherboard bios and MEI software (see below for updating and why).
For most Asus motherboards, the download center will list both of these for downloading. However, it is highly confusing.

The MEUpdate Tool is a combination bios based firmware and OS software update.
2. ME updates are for "patching" Intel processor exploitations that are NEWER than the current bios .
3. I was told if the bios you are using is newer than the MEupdatetool, then the bios will contain the latest patches. If your bios is older, and there is isn't a newer bios, then the recommendation is to patch with the MEupdatetool.
4. To patch with the MEupdatetool, the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) software must be installed. The normal order of installation is: Chipset Driver, then Intel Management Engine Interface, then ME Update tool. Following that: Video, Audio....etc., drivers.

There is a Intel Diagnostic Tool that will check for exploitation, but when I tried it, before and after using the MEUpdate Tool, I didn't get anything that made any sense. You can get that from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28632/Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Intel...

Your questions:
Open Device Manager by (Windows 10) searching for it in the search box. Scroll down and click on "System Devices" to open up the category. Scroll and find the entry: "Intel Management Engine Interface". Next, double click it. Now click on "Driver" and you'll see the Driver Version, Date...etc.
That would be the Device Manager for information, or the Intel diagnostic tool linked above.
Device Manager will tell you that.
Compare the version numbers and the dates.

These are what should be used with your motherboard for Windows 10 x64 OS

Clean Install in this order only.
1. Update to Bios Version: 3101
2. Install Chipset Driver Version: 10.1.18121.8164
3. Install Intel Management Engine MEI: 1914.12.0.1256
(Note: Do not use MEUpdatetool since bios is newer)
4. Install Video Drivers
5. Install all other drivers

Link for Bios and Driver downloads for WS-x299-Sage: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/WS-X299-SAGE/HelpDesk_Download/

thanks for support
my motherboard is: x299 sage 10g and latest bios is 2002

i have install inf drivers:
chipset-10.1.18228.8176-public-mup (this is not latest bios)
and mei:
intel_mei_1937.12.0.1312 corporate 5mb (this is latest version for flash imei 5mb, and my motherboard use flash 5mb and not 1.5mb)

Mixer wrote:

4. Install Video Drivers

Link for Bios and Driver downloads for WS-x299-Sage: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/WS-X299-SAGE/HelpDesk_Download/

Hey- I have a machine with WS X299 SAGE/10G running Windows 10 x64 with bios 2002,
and a few days ago (12/4/20) asked our IT man to install bios version 3101 which has the date 10/4/20 on the Asus site https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/WS-X299-SAGE-10G/HelpDesk_BIOS/

He tried and said that bios 3101 couldn't take/install on the machine (specifically i believe it said it couldn't read the file), and that there might be a problem with the version (he previously upgraded to 2002 so he should know what he's doing)- anybody else encounter this?

Thanks dearly!

Mixer wrote:

4. Install Video Drivers