cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 - Online Chipset drivers missing devices. Use CD

DarvinAtkeson
Level 7
Windows 11 Prerelease drivers missing in online Chipset download.

I just installed Windows 11 on my Maximus XIII Hero and noted a problem with the Chipset drivers on the website. They are missing drivers for several devices and will show up in your Device Manager with the warning symbol. I searched the INF files and confirmed there are no drivers for these devices on the Chipset driver on the website. I would be surprised if this problem didn't also present itself on Windows 10.

The solution was to install the Chipset driver that came on the CD. Lucky I still have a CD/DVD/BR drive in the system. It installed the devices correctly. I then updated the drivers using the ones on the ASUS website for the Maximus XIII Hero and it worked like a charm. I then checked the INF files on the CD and sure enough the devices were indeed listed.

So if you get any errors doing a clean install, use the drivers on the CD if you can first then update to the ones on line.

-Darv
Senior Windows Tech
2 REPLIES 2

BigJohnny
Level 13
No Issues noted when updating through Insider program from Win10.
Its still not released so I wouldnt sweat it just yet but thanks for the heads up.

unix43
Level 7
DarvinAtkeson wrote:
Windows 11 Prerelease drivers missing in online Chipset download.

I just installed Windows 11 on my Maximus XIII Hero and noted a problem with the Chipset drivers on the website. They are missing drivers for several devices and will show up in your Device Manager with the warning symbol. I searched the INF files and confirmed there are no drivers for these devices on the Chipset driver on the website. I would be surprised if this problem didn't also present itself on Windows 10.

The solution was to install the Chipset driver that came on the CD. Lucky I still have a CD/DVD/BR drive in the system. It installed the devices correctly. I then updated the drivers using the ones on the ASUS website for the Maximus XIII Hero and it worked like a charm. I then checked the INF files on the CD and sure enough the devices were indeed listed.

So if you get any errors doing a clean install, use the drivers on the CD if you can first then update to the ones on line.

-Darv
Senior Windows Tech

I just upgraded to windows 11 pro last night. Device manager has warning and missing drivers for a few things, including the SM bus.
I reinstalled the chipset drivers which done nothing.
In the download section on the asus website it doesn’t even have windows 11 listed, just windows 10, and other, which doesn’t include 11.
I thought asus would have been on top of this and had windows 11 drivers ready to go.
I don’t think u have a CD rom drive lying around to try the trick with the install CD.Â*