cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Woes On New Z270 Code

Virdog
Level 7
The on-board WiFi keeps cutting out and it's driving me to wits end. I've only tried 5G so far. Never had WiFi issues with any device or last motherboard.

Here are the errors from Event Viewer: All event ID 4003
WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter. Code: 1 0xC 0x4
WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter. Code: 2 0xDEADDEED 0xEEEC
WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter. Code: 8 0x0 0x0
15 REPLIES 15

XZEMi
Level 7
Hmm I have one I will see if has that same issue. Have you tried clean install of the OS? Router and antennas positioned nearby? I know the 5ghz band inherently has shorter range. The manual specifically states the antenna should be 20cm from you.

I've had the antenna on the side of my case as well as far as it reaches. The router and antenna are pretty much line-of-sight. Maybe too much interference nearby?

Some additional information:

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro - latest build i would assume
Latest motherboard BIOS
WiFi driver from the ROG software page
PC power management settings at high performance
WiFi adapter power management > allowing device to be turned off = disabled

I bought the Code over the Hero because of the on-board WiFi. I play iRacing so a solid connection is a must. If I have to resort to another WiFi card it'll be like a kick in the teeth. My Impact VI had no issues.

JustinThyme
Level 13
whats the rest of your equation as in what router?
any cell phones near by?
any wireless landline phones?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
whats the rest of your equation as in what router?
any cell phones near by?
any wireless landline phones?

cell phones, tablets. the usual assortment. powered audio amp, wireless dac
the thing is though, nothing else i have ever owned has had WiFi issues

the router is a Hitron CGNV3. i'll look into that

Virdog wrote:
cell phones, tablets. the usual assortment. powered audio amp, wireless dac
the thing is though, nothing else i have ever owned has had WiFi issues

the router is a Hitron CGNV3. i'll look into that

What once was and what is now may never be the same again.
Too may devices all in the same frequency range causes problems. Also if coincidentally your neighbor fired up a router with the same channels this can also wreak havoc.

Have a look at whats going on with inSSIDer Home version. It will show youwaht broadcasting and in what channels so you can try and isolate yourself as much as possible. If you live in an apartment high rise your pretty much screwed unless you get in a range noone else is in. For me I get my best in the 5GHZ high channel range with control channel at 149 and Im there all by myself. My other 5GHz is on channel 48 but this is the region where all the other 5GHz people are at. 2.4Ghz I have a hole at channel 11.

I have an idiot neighbor that left his printer wide open. When I get bored I pull up their printer and type up a doc in big bold letters "This is your printer, Ive seen what you have been doing! Don't go to sleep tonight, you wont wake up!" then print it out. I was able to pull up the menu one day and changed the set up to japanese and printed up a sheet that said "Feed me, Im running out of ink!" What funny is two days later they bought new ink cartridges.
😄

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I changed the 5 GHz channel from just n to a/n mix. The wireless channel is now 40 instead of 36. I also screwed the 2 antenna connectors to the back-plate in a bit tighter. My PC has just finished downloading the entirety of GTAV whilst I was watching YouTube and Twitch streams and didn't disconnect once.

My guess is it was the wireless channel at the time. Coincidence? If it happens again i'll check the wireless channel and go from there.

Thank you for your help and guidance guys. :cool:

I'm having the same issue with Wifi on my Strix Z270E. It will disconnect randomly three or four times a day with the same messages in Event Viewer.

WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter.

Code: 1 0xC 0x4

then

Code: 2 0xDEADDEED 0xEEEC

then

Code: 8 0x0 0x0

So I was crazy enough to replace my motherboard (z270i strix) with a brand new one and the wifi issue still remains!

It has been 8 days since I filed a support ticket and no response from Asus. Barely any info to be found online besides a few threads like this one... Yes I tried switching wifi bands/channels like the post above and it did not help. The issue is ONLY on this pc, no other devices on my network have any problems.
I really like this motherboard besides this major issue, but if I can't fix it soon I will switch to MSI.