cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi card

Arabicuser
Level 7
Hi again,

I would like to know, which wi-fi card available for Ausu motherboards[Rampage 4 Extreme i have]?

Not sure if those mobos have some built-in cards, but if not then i want to get a card for wireless network forn my rig using Asus mobo, any idea which one?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X
4 REPLIES 4

proudpiper
Level 7
The Rampage IV Extreme doesn't have the mPCI-E combo card that the Maximus V series has. In fact, it also lacks a standard mPCI-E slot. Therefore, your options are either to buy a PCI-E wi-fi card or to use a USB wi-fi adapter. Personally I would recommend a high quality USB wi-fi adapter so you don't have to use up a PCI-E slot.

proudpiper wrote:
The Rampage IV Extreme doesn't have the mPCI-E combo card that the Maximus V series has. In fact, it also lacks a standard mPCI-E slot. Therefore, your options are either to buy a PCI-E wi-fi card or to use a USB wi-fi adapter. Personally I would recommend a high quality USB wi-fi adapter so you don't have to use up a PCI-E slot.

WOW, i completely forgot about USB option, so then which USB adapter for wi-fi you recommend?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

proudpiper
Level 7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320089

I've heard some pretty good things about this model. Keep in mind when using a wireless adapter that your position relative to you router as well as the quality of your router will greatly performance you see on your end of the connection.

Arabicuser
Level 7
Ok, i will give that a look, i saw something cheaper from D-Link and only suport up to 150Mbps, wasn't thinking about fastest as my net speed is not reaching 100mbps yet and i will not have that service for long time as it is very very crazy expensive here.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X