cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Must I Press the Start Button?

The_Artful_Dodg
Level 7
Hello:
I have just upgradad my mobo to a CROSSHAIR Hero VIII (wi-fi) and I am confused. I had a Hero VII and it would turn on normally. With the VIII, in order to turn it on, I must press the Start button on the mobo to start it! Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.

Sparky
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
Either the leads to your start button on the case are loose or not correctly connected or your MOBO isnt working as it should.

JimmyH
Level 10
I agree, the pins are in the same order with both models, one might be not quite seated, your case button may be faulty, or, the MOBO is.

JimmyH wrote:
I agree, the pins are in the same order with both models, one might be not quite seated, your case button may be faulty, or, the MOBO is.

Both of you are absolutely correct! When I got your suggestions I looked under the graphics board and, sure enough, the plug had pulled out, likely when I was wrestling with the graphics card installation. All better now, thanks to both of you!

Sparky

BigJohnny
Level 13
Glad you got it sorted. Those puppies pop off very easily. I generally put them on as one of the first things then route them through the back and wire tie them down tight so they don't move.