cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think?

Andrijaaa98
Level 7
Hello everyone!

So I'm building myself a pretty decent PC for gaming/editing and would like some advice regarding the specs I chose, if that's not a problem.

I'm going with Intel build just because I don't want to wait for stable BIOS for AMD...

System:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k R0
CPU COOLER: Asus ROG RYUJIN 360 / Corsair H150i Pro (can't decide between those two)
THERMAL COMPOUND: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
MOBO: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI Extreme
GPU: Asus ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED Pro 64 GB DDR4-3200MHz - white
STORAGE:
1. Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2
2. Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2
3. Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SSD
PSU: Corsair AX1000 80+ Titanium
CASE: Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow (that's the only "nice" looking case that supports E-ATX mobo) - white
CASE FANS: 2x Corsair LL120 PRO RGB (3 pack w/Lighting Node PRO) - white
SOUND CARD: Creative Labs Blaster ZXR
CABLE MOD: Corsair Premium Pro Sleeved Cable-Set (Gen 4) - red

Peripheral:
MONITOR: Dell AW2518H 24.5" 240Hz 1ms G-Sync
SPEAKERS: Audioengine A5+ 150W 2.0 Channel
MOUSE: SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless
MOUSEPAD: SteelSeries QCK Prism Cloth XL
KEYBOARD: SteelSeries Apex Pro
HEADSET: SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC

I think that it should run every game on ultra/extra settings, and note that I am a competitive player so that's the reason behind 240Hz FHD monitor, I also work as web developer/designer so I use PhpStorm, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere on daily basis and thus 64 GB ram(plus a Chrome with 20+ tabs).

So what do you think?
8 REPLIES 8

RedSector73
Level 12
Andrijaaa98 wrote:
Hello everyone!

MONITOR: Dell AW2518H 24.5" 240Hz 1ms G-Sync

Are you kidding, your going to drive this tiny monitor with this system....
no no no think about this https://www.asus.com/au/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/ or https://www.asus.com/au/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/

Also I don't like corsair AIO's pick between the Asus one or this https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360r-rgb/

Also why do you need Arctis Pro and then separate sound card for / the onboard is good enough. Same thing monitor has speakers they are not great but they do. Given once using a headset you dont need speakers.

Lastly, 3900x is better option if your serious about anything other than gaming and to be honest it's better than anything Intel have once you consider security flaws and the cost of patching them (assuming they can even be patched)

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
After using the 360 aio from asus, i am impress. and there is a new one incoming. NO OLED but have the same pump 4pin pwm with rgb. better than those corsairs. So far... the stealseries will not have issues with asus apps for lighting. and very good. is a go there. I have a Logi keyboard myself. later I will get a asus one as soon i can.

fo asus boards, and is my preference, i use XPG Nvme, use intel drivers and work fantastic, cooler than Samsung and faster, my preference and my team. (SX8200Pro and Gamix S11 Pro.) Try not to mix corsair with aura. no issues bu the less app the better. Sound card... is up to you . no idea IF MS fix the use of SB sound cards. Corsair rams are nice an look fantastic. BUT i wll prefer gskill. Works nice and i have being using the brand for 5 years now. Gskill Neo is not recommended for intel, even that are compatible, those where design for x570 and Amd 3000 series

You can use noctua fans and IF you want to use ARGB, phanteks has rings that work perfect.

Aside that Love the rest of the selections. the view in white is a nice case. you can add later strips by asus or the ones from Courgar that are nice also.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
After using the 360 aio from asus, i am impress. and there is a new one incoming. NO OLED but have the same pump 4pin pwm with rgb. better than those corsairs. So far... the stealseries will not have issues with asus apps for lighting. and very good. is a go there. I have a Logi keyboard myself. later I will get a asus one as soon i can.

fo asus boards, and is my preference, i use XPG Nvme, use intel drivers and work fantastic, cooler than Samsung and faster, my preference and my team. (SX8200Pro and Gamix S11 Pro.) Try not to mix corsair with aura. no issues bu the less app the better. Sound card... is up to you . no idea IF MS fix the use of SB sound cards. Corsair rams are nice an look fantastic. BUT i wll prefer gskill. Works nice and i have being using the brand for 5 years now. Gskill Neo is not recommended for intel, even that are compatible, those where design for x570 and Amd 3000 series

You can use noctua fans and IF you want to use ARGB, phanteks has rings that work perfect.

Aside that Love the rest of the selections. the view in white is a nice case. you can add later strips by asus or the ones from Courgar that are nice also.

Can you link me where it says that Neo isn't recommended for Intel? I couldn't find it anywhere...

So, my current specs are:

System:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k R0
CPU COOLER: Asus ROG RYUJIN 360
THERMAL COMPOUND: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
MOBO: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI Extreme
GPU: Asus ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB DDR4-3600 (CL16)
STORAGE:
1. Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2
2. Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2
3. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB SSD
PSU: Corsair AX1000 80+ Titanium
CASE: Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow (that's the only "nice" looking case that supports E-ATX mobo) - white
CASE FANS: 2x Antec Prizm 120mm ARGB 3 Pack (were the only ones I could find that are decent and have ARGB with Aura Sync)
CABLE MOD: Corsair Premium Pro Sleeved Cable-Set (Gen 4) - red

Peripheral:
MONITOR: ROG Swift PG27VQ Curved Gaming Monitor – 27 inch 2K WQHD (2560x1440), overclockable 165Hz, 1ms, G-SYNC, Aura Sync Technology
MOUSE: SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless
MOUSEPAD: SteelSeries QCK Prism Cloth XL
KEYBOARD: SteelSeries Apex Pro
HEADSET: SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC

Andrijaaa98 wrote:
Can you link me where it says that Neo isn't recommended for Intel? I couldn't find it anywhere...

He wont be able too because they are. G.skill neo is very good choice. They are all *Samsung b-die. (To my knowledge, spec's sometimes change)

Your revised system sounds much better.

I have Samsung 970 (not pro) as well as the ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB, if you want save some money the ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB is better over samsung and cheaper ~imo (except network based request to read/write).

RedSector73 wrote:
He wont be able too because they are. G.skill neo is very good choice. They are all *Samsung b-die. (To my knowledge, spec's sometimes change)

Your revised system sounds much better.

I have Samsung 970 (not pro) as well as the ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB, if you want save some money the ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB is better over samsung and cheaper ~imo (except network based request to read/write).

Well, I hoped someone would say that since they are just optimized to work with AMD 3*** series. And as I checked, they are Samsung b-die, which is great.

Thank you. 😄

here piece of mind

https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/326/1562838710/F4-3200C14Q-64GTZN-Specification

toward the bottom
Features Intel XMP 2.0 (Extreme Memory Profile) Ready

They all are, the older tridents as well royal versions.

RedSector73 wrote:
here piece of mind

https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/326/1562838710/F4-3200C14Q-64GTZN-Specification

toward the bottom
Features Intel XMP 2.0 (Extreme Memory Profile) Ready

They all are, the older tridents as well royal versions.

Thank you for that, don't know how I missed that, but Intel Z390 chipset is in QVL under Asus mobo, so this just further confirms that it is indeed compatible. 😄

Just an update found out last night, g.skill neo (low latency) is Samsung b-die, the mid range (maybe samsung b-die) and higher latency is Hynix.

This tool is rather handy at finding b-die, if that what you must have.
https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/