This is my first post on Reddit, and I feel happy to do it in the ROG Community!
I had this ASUS ROG G751 laptop imported from the USA to India for the last 7 years until I spilled water on it.
Since I already have peripherals like Samsung G7 Odyssey Monitor, Corsair K100 RGB Keyboard and Logitech 502 Mouse, I have decided to go for a desktop this time.
I purchased this ASUS ROG Strix G35DX-DHR780 from Newegg Canada for a discounted rate of CAD 2299 before taxes. My relative was supposed to bring that to India in October 2022, but their flight has now been postponed to late Jan 2023.
Meanwhile, the ASUS line of 4000 Series NVIDIA GPUs have been released.
The question is: Also keeping the price in mind along with the wait time, should I return back the G35, which has 3080 and wait for the Strix series with NVIDIA 4070/4080 GPU?
Here are some points to consider:
I had bought G35 with 3080 GPU, at a heavy discount, for CAD 2299. I have not seen this much discount after that as of now. Can you comment if that was a good deal or not?
I can have this PC delivered to India before Dec by one of the friends of my relative, but I am concerned about the customs given that billing doesn't have his name.
I have tried asking ASUS about the expected release date for the 4000 series desktop, but for obvious reasons, they would not share any. Do you enthusiasts here have any approximate idea of this? For example, what is the time it takes for ASUS to launch their desktop with the GPU series after that GPU series has been launched by them already? Is there any chance I could order the Strix Desktop with NVIDIA 4000 series GPU from Canada or USA before Jan 2023?
Given the discount I had, I think the 4000 series will launch with a premium. So do you think it is more feasible to get the 3000 series desktop now and then probably upgrade the GPU sometime in India?
Any discussion or suggestion would really help me with this. I have been browsing the internet, connecting with the manufacturers and posting in communities to get help with this dilemma for some time.
Keeping the price in mind along with the wait time, should I return back the G35 purchased at CAD 2299, having a 3080 and wait for the Strix series with NVIDIA 4070/4080 GPU?