cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading the ram of Asus g551jw

bixtape
Level 7
Hi guys! So I would like to upgrade the ram of my laptop from 8 gb to 16 gb. I have no clue where should I look for to get the one that fits this laptop,I did look on google but couldn't find anything specifically to this( I live in the US). And as well as this would you think it's worth the upgrade? I would like to get black ops 4 , but I can't really get a new laptop right now so might as well boost it as much as possible. I will be re pasting the cpu and gpu. I will eventually sell the laptop in few months and get a better one , but I think selling it with 16 gb will be more appealing to a buyer , so yeah I'm willing to invest a little bit I'm not sure what price range should I be looking at but lets say I'm on a tight budget... In the distributor page it says it has 1 8 gb slot , so I will be good to just add 1 more and it would be working perfectly fine or I need to buy 2 new? Also any tips for optimizing the laptop would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much in advance!

Specs: Intel Core i7-4720HQ
Geforce GTX960M (2GB GDDR5)
8GB (1x 8192MB) - DDR3, 1600Mhz
Samsung Pro Evo 850 250gb
1 REPLY 1

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you are going to sell it i wouldn't bother. You wont recoup the cost of the ram, keep in mind this is 4 year old technology which is an eternity in the realm of PCs. Saw one go on Fleabay a few weeks ago for $180. If you cant find the exact same sticks as whats already in there it would be better to buy two new sticks.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein