cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/new build dilemma

Rob_W_
Level 12
Upgrade/new build dilemma Ok, so my rig is smokin! ( not literally) i7 6700k running at 4.7ghz GTX 980ti Strix at 1550htz. And all at or below 60deg .So here’s the dilemma? New and upgraded components now on the market and GPUs like the Volta coming “soon?”, I am now actively looking at upgrading or doing a complete new build, ? i7 8700 or i9? I know the I 7 8700 has now shown it’s worth but am not sure just how much better an i9build would be, budget is not open but hey! If I’m thinking of a Volta(2080ti)GPU then I suppose open minded on budget. I know there’s nothing wrong with the rig I have, it’s good on gaming and photo editing but a few years old now, It would be cool to run with the next generation components and keep me out of the wife’s hair for a while lol. Would love to here any recommendations or views on this. Thanks in advance. Can’t think of a better forum to ask the question.
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
i would wait until next gen is out.
your pc is stil rocking it tbh.
wait and see when new gen comes out and see what new there is on it. ( 6-9 month'ish time )

kkn wrote:
i would wait until next gen is out.
your pc is stil rocking it tbh.
wait and see when new gen comes out and see what new there is on it. ( 6-9 month'ish time )

advice welcome kkn, I will suppress this yearning and and practice “patients is a vertue” Then.

kkn
Level 14
in that time you can even save up more maby.