cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Advice for my current system

KamiXZ
Level 7
Hello guys,

I have some kind of a funny problem, I need to spend around 1700€ in 2 months for my PC or someting else.
So what would u guys recommend for my current rig?

CPU: intel i7 4930k
Mobo: Black Rampage 4
GPU: Asus 780ti DC2OC
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Ripjaws @ 2400mhz
PSU: 850W Platinum beQuite Dark Power Pro 10
Case: Thermaltake Core V71 I like it but, the stock chassis fans are way too loud (3x 200mm fans) I want to change them and add 1 fan. Any tipps on these things?
Cpu cooling: H100i Corsair
256gb SSD Samsung evo pro and 1 TB HDD dont need more.

Im currently using a 1080p display I want to upgrade to 1440p or 4k.
7 REPLIES 7

Deon017
Level 8
If just to spend money, then go for it, but performance wise I would just do the PSU and sli 2 x 980's or Titan X. The performance on the new 5930 is not really going to give you the upgrade you would expect, for the money you are going to spend.

Antronman
Level 10
Don't buy a Titan X unless you have the money to buy two and a 4k panel.

Second 780ti.

Or wait for Q2 this year for R9 390x and get two or one of those.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

kkn
Level 14
the 980 is coming out as 980TI whit 6gig mem.
but when im not shure.
that is IF you are going to upgrade it.
the 4K panels are locked to 60H.
1440P you can get to 144HZ whit g-sync.

KamiXZ
Level 7
So, nothing is really useful for me at the moment except maybe a 2nd cheap 780ti... well thank you guys, Ill try to wait for the new cards...hopefully they dont suck .

You guys got any idea on the 200mm fans?

[QUOTE=You guys got any idea on the 200mm fans?

What about then, Benfenix - aerocool -thermaltake - nzxt, they all have them, Benfenix has a Spectre Pro that looks good

Korth
Level 14
I would buy a second GTX780Ti, too. Beware that you may require a PSU upgrade with it (or you may not, it looks like a sorta borderline judgement call).

I've found NZXT 200mm fans to be very quiet, but haven't tried any other 200mm fans.

If your fans keep blasting at full speed while your temps are low then you might do better with a fan controller.

Another reasonable (bang for the buck) upgrade would be installing a second identical Samsung SSD in striped RAID - whenever you see one on sale.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

kkn
Level 14
well a SSD for games will boost your load time on it ( for example FPS games ) between maps/loading time.