cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The choice of a set of RAM 64/128 GB (8x8GB / 8x16Gb) for ASUS Rampage V Edition 10,

fedor_titkov
Level 7
Hello everyone. I choose the RAM for this motherboard. My request is unusual, so I got into a stupor.
The config is as follows:
1. Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
2. CPU: Intel Core i7 6850k. I clocked up to 4.5 by a factor, I didn’t get much for myself, except for heating. Now it works on default.
3. RAM now: 2 "green" Kingston with 8GB for 2400 frequencies
4. GPU: ASUS GTX 1080Ti
Cooling on the CPU and on the NZXT Kraken x62 GPU
In the future, I plan to deliver another 1080Ti and replace the SATA SSD with nvme.
Now from memory: you need a set of 8 8Gb strips (64Gb in the end). Ideally, buy one set (2 bars), at the extreme set (4 bars) - due to economic considerations.
I really want black modules with RGB. The whole PC is black with RGB backlight. If there are no options with RGB at all, I’m ready to just take black ones.
I’ll explain right away why I want to score all the memory slots before the offers came up - “take 4 by 16Gb” or “2 by 32Gb”. In this case, the design of the entire PC plays the role, the motherboard is in sight, everything is in whistle-blowers and I am very pleased. In fact, the design and the desire for internal feng shui is determined by the desire to score 8 slots.

Overclocking is not planned, but I would like a frequency of 3000 3200 3333 (XMP) (motherboard pulls). I don’t plan to overclock because I don’t see the point for myself.

I looked at sets from Kingston HyperX HX432C16PB3AK4 / 32 - 2 of these sets. Why 4 strips, if you like 2? Because the Kingston website says: “It’s better to use 4-piece kits”
I watched G.SKILL F4-3600C19Q-32GTZRB, but the frequency was 3600 already.
I watched the Corsair CMW32GX4M4C3200C14 - they disappeared from the sale :(((
In addition to choosing the slats I looked at R5E10_Broadwell_DRAM_QVL.pdf and saw nothing in the X99_Series_DRAM_QV_pdf_for_for.pdf_for_ 68 HyperX or Corsair.

Please help me choose a memory. Maybe some of you have already tested kits of 8 slats? Ready to consider any high-quality manufacturers of gskill, Corsair, etc.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
1 REPLY 1

fedor_titkov
Level 7
Hey. Guys, have none of you tested 8 DIMMs of memory? Please help with advice.