cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching ITX gaming system to smaller ITX case

aridun64
Level 7
I built this PC about 7 months ago and while I have enjoyed the system I have had some issues with the system. As such i am planning on switching from a bitfenix prodigy case to a silverstone sg05 case. the parts that i am switching to the sg05 are as follows

Mobo: ASUS p8z77i deluxe
Processor: Intel I5-3570k
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix 1600

I will be adding a GTX 670 Mini GPU, a Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SDD for my OS (Win 7) and my other programs. As it is such a small case it uses an SFX PSU. I will be using the 450W 80+ gold silverstone fully modular PSU to power everything.

I am wanting to know if everything will be kosher with what i plan on doing, ie: I will have enough power to power everything

any help with this would be appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, aridun64.

If you won't be doing any aggresive overclocking, that PSU should suffice. If you're in no hurry to get the GTX 670 mini, you can get the GTX 760 mini. Asus should be releasing it soon. Technically the GTX 670 and the GTX 760 performs the same but since the GTX 760 is the newer tech, I would recommend you grab it instead of the GTX 670.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Should be fine, your PSU is right on the very edge of what I would be comfortable with. I would suggest adding an extra 100W to that spec would put my mind at rest with no OC on your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Profeus
Level 9
I have found the ASUS Recommended Power Supply Wattage Calculator tool very useful to my builds to work out the size of the power supply I would need to run my system.
From what I entered about your build, 550w min/600w max is probably a better option to ensure you have enough power while providing you a little breathing room...
Chassis Corsair 900D|MB Rampage IV Formula|CPU i7 3930K @ 4.8GHz
RAM Corsair DominatorGT 16GB 2133MHz C9|GPU 2x ROG Matrix 7970-P in X-Fire @ 1180MHz
PSU Corsair AX1200i|SSD 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB|HDD 2x 4TB WD Caviar BLACK
Monitoring Corsair Link|Cooling Custom Loop EKWB/AlphaCool/XSPC/Bitspower
Monitors 3x ASUS 24" VE248H (6036x1080)