Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUS ROG ZENITH ALPHA + 2950x + RAM???

AlexJensen
Level 7
Good day.
Help me please.
What kind of RAM is better to take for ASUS ROG ZENITH ALPHA + 2950x.
The computer is used exclusively for 3D work. I need 64GB.
I don't play games and speed is not that important. Maximum system stability and reliability is important. Is my system compatible with Samsung Green RAM 2666 16gb sticks ?? Or is it worth seeing something else?
I am extremely bad at manual overclocking and so on. I'm not going to overclock the memory. Everything will be on automatic settings.
Now I have Corsair LPX 3200 4x8GB modules installed and they do not work very stable.

Thanks to everyone who helps and have a nice day.
3 REPLIES 3

WATASHIWA
Level 7
I use those ones F4-3200C14Q-64GTZR its very stable with 3200 Mhz, i do also 3D Work but the memory is only stable in Bios Version 0405, i was not able to boot in other Bios Versions with 3200 Mhz sadly.

Just set the memory ram voltage to 1.365v

DRAM AB Voltage 1.365v
DRAM CD Voltage 1.365v

if you dont overclock then buy 8 x 8 2933 Mhz Ram works best with Threadripper

spend alot of time to stable my system with the settings in the Bios, as i said you will not be able to boot with the latest Bios with 3200 Mhz Ram, if someone figured out would love to get the settings.

This is what I have and it's very stable

I have just upgraded to the latest bios and have no instability issues

The Ram was the best I could get at the time, this was before 3200 became a reasonable price

Motherboard
Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha
Processor
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-Core Processor
Memory (part number)
128GB 8 x 16GB CMT64GX4M4C3000C15
Graphics Card #1
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

My use is for data science work, so I am mainly going between the GPU and CPU, not across CPU cores, so Ram speed isn't the highest priority for me

EDIT
Sorry, I just release I have the extreme version 😞