cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour at first startup

Alessio088
Level 9
Hi all and happy holidays first of all.

So I had a strange issue today when I started my pc up after I replaced the case and the aio cooler.

I had the pc unplugged for 2 days as I thought I'd do it properly and spend some time on it,
I got a strix Helios and a strix LC II liquid cooler, everything else stayed the same.

After I re-built the pc into the new case I went to start it up today to see if everything was fine and as soon as I pressed the one-off button the pc came on fine but after 2 seconds it shut itself down,
Of course I thought I didn't connect something or did something wrong so I quickly checked and turned it back on again.
It then start again and shut itself down again and then on again but this time all by itself then it stayed on but the screen was black and it was showing the code A4 on the MB.
I then reset it and then just like that it started to work fine the screen came on and windows lunched just fine and been working fine all evening.

Just out of curiousity because I replaced the aio cooler was it just doing a kind of installation or something?
Like I said above I didn't replace anything else apart the case and the cooler.
Same cpu,same rame,same mb etc.

The motherboard is a maximus xi code.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

420Assassin
Level 9
Looking up that code it's "A4 SCSI initialization is started"

Alessio088
Level 9
Hi,thanks
Yeah that occurred when it was idling and i didn't have anything on the screen.
Thinking about it looked like it couldn't boot windows maybe because he couldn't find the nvme.m2 where my os is installed but I didn't touch that at all,strange really but it doesn't look like it ever happened to anyone else.

Alessio088 wrote:
Hi,thanks
Yeah that occurred when it was idling and i didn't have anything on the screen.
Thinking about it looked like it couldn't boot windows maybe because he couldn't find the nvme.m2 where my os is installed but I didn't touch that at all,strange really but it doesn't look like it ever happened to anyone else.

Reset your bios and re-config again. Let us know the result.

ahfoo wrote:
Reset your bios and re-config again. Let us know the result.

Hi thanks for the reply,the pc is been working fine for couple of days now,
Like I explained in the first post it turned itself on and off few times but than was fine and been fine since then.
I was just curious about what happened and if someone else ever experienced the same issue.

Thanks

Hey there,

No idea. If you have the exact setup as before changing the cooler and case shouldn't do anything. In the end all you had to do is reset. If it works, then it works, no need to worry about it man 🙂

Arkader
Level 9
Maybe what you replaced did some auto adjusting or self test with the new liquid cooler.
I know when I do BIOS changes from TPU I to TPU II the PC will look like booting and restart itself around 2 or 3 times, this is related to clocks auto configuration, it does overclocking with new configurations, because TPU II applies clocks for liquid cooling, in your case it could be that it did some auto configuration for the new fans/pump.
Maybe try as suggested by @ahfoo in upper post.
Life is a game in which you are the main protagonist.

Arkader wrote:
Maybe what you replaced did some auto adjusting or self test with the new liquid cooler.
I know when I do BIOS changes from TPU I to TPU II the PC will look like booting and restart itself around 2 or 3 times, this is related to clocks auto configuration, it does overclocking with new configurations, because TPU II applies clocks for liquid cooling, in your case it could be that it did some auto configuration for the new fans/pump.
Maybe try as suggested by @ahfoo in upper post.

I see thanks,it must have been that then.
Been working fine since then no problems it's been nearly a month now.
Thanks