Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some help please - asus pg35vg

Undertoker
Level 9
Hi Guys
i recently bought the asus pg35vg.

I am having brightness flickering issues with it when a game is sharpened using the nvidia filter named "Detail"and the OD setting is either set to normal or extreme, only with OD set to off does this flickering stop. I tried installing the monitor optional firmware update but it would not install i assume as it is sup[posed to be a revised firware already on it as i only just bought the monitor?
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this brightness flickering as i want and need to have OD set on for obvious reasons.

Do asus intend to address this properly with another firmware update or do i RMA the panel and hope a replacment is better ?
Ive tried calling Asus tech support upteen times with the number ive been given by overclockers but sadly noone ever picks up - im guessing due to corona

your help and advice is appreciated - this monitor has cost me £2500 and its simply too much money to ignore it
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard
2 REPLIES 2

Malogurote
Level 7
Screen like this ? : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117944-ROG-PG35VQ-defective

Me too i've bought PG35VQ last week...

Undertoker
Level 9
So after many hours of reading up I finally managed to get the firmware update to work
You have to toggle off the 200mhz over clock, turn off the HDR in windows and also turn off the OD and only then update it

It won’t work unless you do and simply errors out with no pointer as to what you’ve missed
Asus really should have done this already on a £2500 monitor frankly and the whole process that should have been enjoyable has been one pain in the butt frankly - do better Asus and update these monitors BEFORE sending them out.

I would add not a single person from Asus has responded to either messages or phone call attempts and for me there is no better way to point me towards another manufacturer then crap service.*
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard