cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryujin 360 add on

Heebus
Level 7
Hi all, getting ready to make my new build, and have a question. After more then 5 years of a lot of 24/7 running my big water cooling pump gave out, and after modding to adapt new pump, rad and resevoir I was up and running again, however due to a leak ( most likely shotty work on my part due to wanting to be back up and running and not much care as I have more then got my moneys worth n time out of this settup) I lost a video card.This was more then enough to get me ready for my next build.I am still in research,and advise stage so any thoughts feel free to suggest. I am sure of case, motherboard, and processor, semi sure on video card(s), power supply and ram. Cooling is up in the air, tho positive I wanna stay with liquid.I have looked @ AIOs and parts, pretty much settled on Rad size, and flex tubing. I like Aio but have always used a resevoir. the Ryujin 360 fits the bill, n love the digital read out of info on the cover, I have yet to come across another block that does this, but wonder if I could add a resevior to the loop, and tie it into the liquid cooling on the mother board as well?, I realize that this would void warranty, but figured more coolant would equal cooler temps in the loop.
And the wicked shall inherit the earth...
2 REPLIES 2

mdzcpa
Level 12
Heebus wrote:
Hi all, getting ready to make my new build, and have a question. After more then 5 years of a lot of 24/7 running my big water cooling pump gave out, and after modding to adapt new pump, rad and resevoir I was up and running again, however due to a leak ( most likely shotty work on my part due to wanting to be back up and running and not much care as I have more then got my moneys worth n time out of this settup) I lost a video card.This was more then enough to get me ready for my next build.I am still in research,and advise stage so any thoughts feel free to suggest. I am sure of case, motherboard, and processor, semi sure on video card(s), power supply and ram. Cooling is up in the air, tho positive I wanna stay with liquid.I have looked @ AIOs and parts, pretty much settled on Rad size, and flex tubing. I like Aio but have always used a resevoir. the Ryujin 360 fits the bill, n love the digital read out of info on the cover, I have yet to come across another block that does this, but wonder if I could add a resevior to the loop, and tie it into the liquid cooling on the mother board as well?, I realize that this would void warranty, but figured more coolant would equal cooler temps in the loop.

If you plan on adding on, I strongly suggest you just go to a modular kit or custom. If you like the dash, you could always choose an ROG motherboard that has Live Dash. In addition to creating a seamless appearance once hacking into an AIO, you run into trouble with pump volume and pressure if you alter the system. The pump and housing are designed for the AIO non res design.

Heebus
Level 7
thank u for ur response, I had never thought of the pump and pressure, my original that was to make my own set up, but then saw the Ryujin and like the look, if only we could get that on its own, looking into new motherboard now, thanx for advise
And the wicked shall inherit the earth...