cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rtx2080ti on Maximus XI formula or code

pamarakos
Level 7
Hi all
Thinking of upgrading my maximus viii formula, 6700k, 1080ti oc strix to the new maximus xi, i9-9900k with rtx2080ti strix
My question is if the rtx since it's a bit "taller" than the 1080 will cover the motherboard's logo
On the viii the 1080 covered only the little upper part of the rog logo, now on this new set, maybe it covers half of it? Does anyone have any clue? I ve got my setup on a core p5 desk-like pc style, so it's going to be ugly, this is why I m asking.
Thanks
P.s. Only one pci express x1 slot on both of these models and placed on the top too?!?!? Why Asus? Can I install my sound card on a pci-express slot supposed to be for a 2nd gpu?
22 REPLIES 22

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Yes, Formula has the extra entity so production is always somewhat slower. I've seen a few users with them now, so hopefully stock is starting to flow (no pun intended). I'm not in a position to give you any promises on when you can expect it based on region, but hopefully won't be too long for you.

Concerning the use of it combined with rtx2080ti strix, does it indeed cover the whole.logo and rgb "lines" on the cover?

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Yes, Formula has the extra entity so production is always somewhat slower. I've seen a few users with them now, so hopefully stock is starting to flow (no pun intended). I'm not in a position to give you any promises on when you can expect it based on region, but hopefully won't be too long for you.

yeah. to be fair, I have seen it "in stock", but its been from unverified third party selling it for 50-75% markup on the price (i.e. saw one for $750 USD)

michaelrw10
Level 7
anyone wanna take a guess as to whether Newegg or Amazon have had the XI Formula in stock, ever?

oh wait, im sure you already know the answer xd