cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 2080 Ti Matrix SLI + ROG Thor 1200W = PC Shut Down on Furmark test

Antrix
Level 7
Hi all! Today I decided to test both cards (work in a SLI mode) with furmark, and to my surprise my PC shuts down in 3-5 seconds after the test launch. Each gpu's passes the test perfectly separately. Is 1200w not enough for two 2080Ti Matrix? PC specs in my profile.

P.S. Before pc shut down i've noticed on psu led display that there was 850+w used only.
4 REPLIES 4

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Test something. Can you plug the molex on the motherboard. also separte the load using 2 pcie per card not one cable. (just asking)
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Test something. Can you plug the molex on the motherboard. also separte the load using 2 pcie per card not one cable. (just asking)

I didn't really understand you... 2x8 pins cable all are separate. Both GPU's (in SLI) were tested by many "heavy" games and 3dMark Extreme benchmarks version. And there is one interesting moment - i've started test one more time and it passed successfully without pc shut down. I did not understand what it was.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I wouldn't recommend running Furmark at all. NVIDIA has implemented throttling when furmark is detected in the past. With the new OC scanner functions, there's no real reason to test stability with Furmark.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
I wouldn't recommend running Furmark at all. NVIDIA has implemented throttling when furmark is detected in the past. With the new OC scanner functions, there's no real reason to test stability with Furmark.

Thanx for your reply! Anyway, the problem was in motherboard. Tomorrow i'll send it back to store.