cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog z690 maximus extreme, random freezing

jbmerrill1954
Level 7
Hi,
I am getting random freezing on this computer (windows 11) and have no idea how to approach troubleshooting it. My memory is g.skill 64GB 6000Mhz set at 6200 but i've tried running it at just 6000 and it still hangs. I've tried xmp1 as well as xmp2. I have aisuite 3 overclocking the cpu (i9-13900ks) and it says 96% oc, but have not tried removing the oc. Does anyone have insights as to how to troubleshoot this kind of issue? I have searched the forums and the internet, but have not found the resolution. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
B.
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

You need to evaluate system stability at stock.

Clear the UEFI via the reset button on the rear I/O, then retest. Do not enable XMP or AI OC.

If the system is stable report back so we can assist you in overclocking the system.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Okay, I will try to do that soon. I really appreciate your quick reply.
Thanks,
B.

Hi,

Sorry, but can you give me a couple of quick pointers on the correct method to use to overclock this system? Should I use AISuite 3, Intel XTU, or manual BIOS tweaking? Forgot to add that this frequently happens when trying to sleep / resume. I have not been able to use sleep because of this.

I really appreciate your advice.
B.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I would recommend using AI OC from within the UEFI. However, check stability at complete defaults first.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Okay, will do.

Thank you very much.