cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog thor 1200w psu

Raven777
Level 7
Hey there, I own a tonne of ASUS products but I've never had the need to visit these forums... until now.

Straight to the point -
1. My primary query is when will the ROG 1200w PSU release/ be available in Asia, particularly India. I am dead set on using this PSU on my pending build.
2. My secondary query is probably not as answerable because of NDAs and such. Is the next Basin Fall refresh (the 10 core i9 in particular) compatible with x299? If not, I am interested in the ASUS Rampage VI Extreme parallel of it. Any idea about this?

I'm itching to finish my build. Money is not an issue (in case people are going to point me to other hardware). Thank you in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

Jeff007245
Level 7
I too am waiting for this power supply.

Looking to purchase either the 800W or 1200W depending on price.

Please update us Asus ROG!

Stogie
Level 7
Me too! A little info wouldn't hurt Asus.

Waiting for release date as i want me a 1200 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
Too many great tried and true PSU makers to be worrying about ASUS diving into it.
I went with a Corsair HX 1500i on my current build.

Truth be known the ASUS PSU is probably some other company's design in a new set of clothes.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Too many great tried and true PSU makers to be worrying about ASUS diving into it.

Truth be known the ASUS PSU is probably some other company's design in a new set of clothes.

I like the OLED display that shows the system consumption at a glance... yes i know its a sales gimmick but i like it 🙂
Also curious to see where they aim in the market pricing wise

JustinThyme wrote:

as above, most companies use someone else to make there products ie; Bequiet swapped there supplier of psu’s ( can’t remember who it swapped to now) and I have rma’d three or four in the last three years, they used to be excellent!
I now use the Corsair HX 1200i, tried and tested.
Not saying anything against ASUs brand but it is a new market for them, so it all depends on who makes them ( crucial factor )*
I hope it goes well:)*

Menthol
Level 14
I have read that they are a Seasonic power supply so quality should not be an issue

Vlada011
Level 10
Nice detail for ROG Fans.
I have 1200 P2 with EVGA Sleeve Kit Black.
It's not only 10/10 score, it's best customer rated PSU ever.
I never saw some products except Intel processors with same customers rate.

But there is a few PSU I would consider now.

Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium example request sleeve cable addition investment.
EVGA 1000 T2 Titanium, very expensive as well request cable investment, I have but for other customers.
Enermax MaxTytan example have fabric sleeve cables very nice, unusual.
Seasonic 600 Titanium Fanless is interesting and great great choice for people who build small compact but still ATX case with mainstream and 180-200W GPU, no better choice litterary.
CORSAIR AX1600i Flextronics beast.
There is a very good power supplies, different size, different power.
If I vote for manufacturer that's Seasonic.
Somehow is dear to me and Delta and Flextronics could do same job but they look other markets.

Cables and PSU Case example play big role in choice of people if inside platform is known and famous manufacturer.
But I would done something different. I would launch PSU with cables where wires are completely closed, like power cord.
Only I would decide about material and thickness. And I give you warranty their easy installation and look would beat everything and become standard for 2 years.

Korth
Level 14
80 Plus Platinum and 10-year warranty. Promising indicators for high quality, lol.

About time ASUS entered the PSU market, no different from Corsair stamping their own brand/style onto outsourced PSUs.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]