Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Boot problems

nl_wouter_nl
Level 7
hello,

I have a ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
motherboard with the latest bios update 1801.

the other beta one is 1902 but there the bios found 24gb of my 32gb ram.

and i have since version 1701/1801 and 1902 boot problems with the errors BF or B7.

And only things that helped is to start pc, then press on the memok button then he starts up to de bios, and there exit, and fwalla im in windows.

But how to fix the codes of the boot problem so i can run my pc normnal into windows?..

My system :

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

Supply: Corsair 1200i

CPU: i7-5930K@ oc 4.5Ghz 1.35v
CPU Block: EK-Supremacy EVO RGB - Nickel

GPU 1: NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION@ oc 2100Mhz Core Clock
GPU 1 : WaterBlock: EK-FC GeForce GTX FE RGB - Nickel
GPU 1: EK-FC1080 GTX Backplate

SLI:

GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION@ oc 2100Mhz Core Clock
GPU 2: WaterBlock: EK-FC GeForce GTX FE RGB - Nickel
GPU 2: EK-FC1080 GTX Backplate

Pump 2x: EK-DCP 4.0 PWM X-RES
Rad 2x: EK-CoolStream PE 480 Radiator

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10
Ram: Corsair Dominator platinum 32 GB (8x4GB) 2800 DDR4
samsung 840 Pro SSD 128 GB + 2TB HDD+ 4TB HDD + 4TB HDD + 5TB HD

Monitors: Tripple Screen Benq XL241Z 1ms 144Hz 1080p

RAZER BLACKWIDOW CHROMA Keyboard

Razer Tiamat 7.1 HeadSet

RAZER OUROBOROS Mouse

And a few other problems what i have in windows, are GPU-Z reads my 2 GTX1080 in sli, but my second card is not reading cuda.

And in cpu-z the program tells me he found correct32gb ram but not in quad channel mode?!.... and al this problems are since windows 10 1803 update 🙂

So hopefully someone can explain and help me with this crazy problems!

Peace and Heads up!

🙂
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
I think you have an overclocking issue there based on the Q-codes you are getting. But I'm not an expert on how to overclock so someone else will have to instruct you on what to change. But I believe the memory needs more voltage to operate correctly.

Also in your post you say your motherboard is ROG STRIX X99 GAMING, and then later you say it's a Rampage V Edition 10. Edit your post to correct it, can't be both.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I think you have an overclocking issue there based on the Q-codes you are getting. But I'm not an expert on how to overclock so someone else will have to instruct you on what to change. But I believe the memory needs more voltage to operate correctly.

Also in your post you say your motherboard is ROG STRIX X99 GAMING, and then later you say it's a Rampage V Edition 10. Edit your post to correct it, can't be both.

hello, thank you! and thats correct what you say over the motherboards.
I have normally the Rampage V Edition 10 in my system, but that board is away for rma..
So i buyed the ROG STRIX X99 GAMING motherboard. but at this board* ROG STRIX X99 GAMING i have the boot problems..

And thank u for the advise and comment! 🙂

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Those are memory training codes. That Dominator kit sounds like a fairly old one, so dialing in stability at POST can be tricky at times for some CPU. Especially with 8 DIMMs.

1. Try adjusting VCCSA (System Agent) voltage. This rail is CPU and memory kit dependant. You will need to try values anywhere in the range of 1.05 to 1.2v, although for 2800, the upper end of the spectrum should not be needed. Most samples don't like more than 1.15v. Less can also be as detremental as more, so you will just need to see what works best by soak testing the system at POST.

2. VCCIO may need a bump in voltage, too. Try values within the same range as above.

3. Leave all uncore settings at default
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Those are memory training codes. That Dominator kit sounds like a fairly old one, so dialing in stability at POST can be tricky at times for some CPU. Especially with 8 DIMMs.

1. Try adjusting VCCSA (System Agent) voltage. This rail is CPU and memory kit dependant. You will need to try values anywhere in the range of 1.05 to 1.2v, although for 2800, the upper end of the spectrum should not be needed. Most samples don't like more than 1.15v. Less can also be as detremental as more, so you will just need to see what works best by soak testing the system at POST.

2. VCCIO may need a bump in voltage, too. Try values within the same range as above.

3. Leave all uncore settings at default

Thank you! i give it a try now.
and the Vcore just default or at 1.1v or1.15v ? i got them rightnow at 1.1v.

nl_wouter_nl
Level 7
hmm nothing helps.. 😞 and the boot codes what i get are: BD,B7 and BF ram settings are good, ram voltage are good, cpu voltages are good.. all good, but nothing helps..and this board is just 4 days old/new 😞