cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix X570-E Motherboard Memory Recommandation

bezemnod
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I recently made a new custom PC with X570-E motherboard, ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC LHR GPU, Ryzen 9 5950x CPU, Watercooling, G.skill 3600mhz trident neo Z 4x16gb memory. This became my first custom build. I read a lot on the net before I chose the parts. But apparently, I missed that I have to check the motherboard compatibility list on the motherboards website. after I started to use my system it started to make troubles like blue screens, app crashes, etc. . After some tests I understood that my RAMs are not working properly with D.O.C.P. setting(which is setting them to 3600mhz as they should be) but they never worked stable so I reduced to base clock to 2133mhz back, now it is working much stable but still sometimes crashes appear. And of course, I don't want to use it at a slow speed. I found the list from Asus where it is showing all compatible rams but still I am not sure which one to choose cause I read that some still can make some trouble even though they are on the list(don't know why). secondly, I understood that using 2 packs of 2x16 is also not a good idea even do they are actually same. 64gb memory is for me important I don't play games much but for my work I need it. My dilemma is about which one should I use? there are some kits already 4 sticks together so I can find them again or I can go for 2x32 kits. There are tons of them so it is really hard to choose and I have doubt if they work flawlessly when I change them. so I wanted to ask the community of X570-E users what memories you are using rather than making a blind choice.

Here is the compatibility list of X570-E: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING/Memory_QVL_for_AMD_Ryzen_500...

btw I picked a two-pack of "G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C18D-32GTZN" this was not on the list.

I hope I could explain my problem a bit, I am pretty new to custom PC builds. I would be glad if you share your experiences, or solution ideas.

Cheers!
0 REPLIES 0