cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix TRX40-E - How do i get a dual NVMe to PCIe adapter card working?

Beany
Level 7
Hey everyone 🙂

So all i want to do is install a dual NVMe to PCIe adapter card so that i can use two more NVMe drives in a single PCIe slot, and i want Windows 10 to recognise each NVMe drive as an individual drive. Which means the BIOS needs to support bifurcation.

So does this mobo support bifurcation? I think it does, and i want to use the 3rd PCIe slot so i'm assuming that this BIOS setting below needs to be set to 'PCIe RAID Mode' ...

Is this correct? Does anything else need to be done?

The manual isn't clear on this, because the way it's worded implies that enabling PCIe RAID for just one slot will enable it for ALL slots on the board. Obviously i just want it enabled for one slot.
1 REPLY 1

Blizzard1234
Level 7
Beany wrote:
Hey everyone 🙂

So all i want to do is install a dual NVMe to PCIe adapter card so that i can use two more NVMe drives in a single PCIe slot, and i want Windows 10 to recognise each NVMe drive as an individual drive. Which means the BIOS needs to support bifurcation.

So does this mobo support bifurcation? I think it does, and i want to use the 3rd PCIe slot so i'm assuming that this BIOS setting below needs to be set to 'PCIe RAID Mode' ...

Is this correct? Does anything else need to be done?

The manual isn't clear on this, because the way it's worded implies that enabling PCIe RAID for just one slot will enable it for ALL slots on the board. Obviously i just want it enabled for one slot.

Were you able to configure the adapter to work properly so you could see both NVMe drives individually? I'm about to do exactly this on my system and thought I'd ask before doing it on my end. Thanks