cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix 2080 OC issue?

AJay82
Level 7
Hello all,
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this post but I am at a loss for where else to place iit.

Recently I built a new system and included the STRIX 2080 OC for the GPU. By recently, I mean late April.

I have always had issues with RTX in games (and only RTX), at first I thought it was just a driver issue, or an issue with BF5 specifically (as that was the only RTX title I was running). But now I have been trying out Quake2 RTX and I am experiencing the same iissue.

|I can run the game fine, it plays for a few minutes perfectly, around 80FPS or so, but after a few seconds (or minutes if I am lucky) the game will suddenly freeze for a few seconds then it will drop me back to windows and the game will shut down entirely. No error message, no blue screen, nothing.

It only does this in RTX which leads me to believe I might have a faulty RTX core on the card ?

Specs:

CPU - i7-8700k - stock (with XMP profile).
MEM - 16 gig T-force Nighthawk ram at 3200Mhz.
Mobo - ASUS Z390 Prime-A (April 2019 BIOS)
GPU - ASUS ROG Strix 2080 OC (out the box settings, no additional overclock - latest Nvidia drivers 430.86 - issue occurs on older drivers as well)
Cpu coller - Corsair H150i Pro.
PSU - Corsair RM850x

The system should be well paired with each other and there is no issue getting power to the card.

Today I also observed that YouTube videos were causing my screen to flicker black intermittently for a second or so, and as I am writing this, I have just observed there is a large seam line down the centre of my monitor (running vertical from top to bottom).

Is this an issue with my hardware (if so I am leaning to the GPU given the nature of the issue)? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I would really appreciate all the help I can get with this as I would rather not be without my GPU for several weeks whilst they test it in another state.

Thank you in advance,

Aidan.

***EDIT*** UPDATE - The vertical seam is possibly a Chrome issue as a reboot seems to have fixed that. Other issues remain.
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
RMA the card. I all ready see these happens. We all ready talk to our local PR for these.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
RMA the card. I all ready see these happens. We all ready talk to our local PR for these.

Thank you.

I was worried it would come to that, but at least I now know for sure what the issue is.