cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG Red and Really Stupid Questions

Asyrin
Level 7
Alright, so I have my brand new AIR 540 Corsair Case with my Maximus V Gene board and GTX 780. This case his a large, beautiful window covering an entire side of the case. So, after 7 years of building gaming systems I've decided to actually make it look nice. A few questions for you more veteran modders out there:

- I was considering going UV reactive red. How well does UV Reactive red match RoG red?
- No parts of the board itself are UV reactive, right?
- If not UV reactive then sleeved cabling. I was thinking Bitfenix Alchemy red. Anyone used these cables? How do they look?
- Here's the really stupid question. I've been building systems for closer to a decade now and never really thought about what the cables are CALLED. I recognize them on sight but have never purchased them individually. 24 pin motherboard cable. Okay. ATX power cable. Okay. What the heck is the power cable to the graphics card (GTX 780 ti) actually CALLED? Have to ship these things in so I don't want to make a mistake. Really embarassed about this one.

Any other tips on highlighting the RoG board and components with a full window? (You can't see power supply or 5.25" bays on the AIR 540 so no worries there)

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

PowerOver9K
Level 9
6-pin pci express power / 8 pin pci express power
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

kkn
Level 14
led lights??
and no the mobo is not UV reactive at all.
unless you spill coolant on it ( colored UV one ).
and here is an example of names on the cables

Chino
Level 15

Asyrin
Level 7
In every cable I've ever used for Graphics cards the 6 and 6+2 have been a single cable Y'd together. I suppose I could use two different cables provided I have the space on my modular PSU, yes?

Asyrin wrote:
In every cable I've ever used for Graphics cards the 6 and 6+2 have been a single cable Y'd together. I suppose I could use two different cables provided I have the space on my modular PSU, yes?

as long as the PSU suports it.
whats your PSU?
brand and model ( or bether yet link )

Asyrin
Level 7

kkn
Level 14

PowerOver9K
Level 9
I don't recommend spilling UV coolant on your board either 😄
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity