cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog maximus z690 hero

Amendoim
Level 7
Hey, does anyone also have this loooong POST time every single time you turn on your PC?
I'm new to DDR5, just got a 13900k with corsair 2x16GB 5600MHz and it takes so freaking much to start my pc...
5 REPLIES 5

pmerritt
Level 7
Is fastboot enabled in the bios? Did you ensure the RAM is in the correct slots? If you have any HDD's installed....have you tried unplugging them before a restart?

I know I worded these more as questions but you can also look at them as suggestions.

pmerritt wrote:
Is fastboot enabled in the bios? Did you ensure the RAM is in the correct slots? If you have any HDD's installed....have you tried unplugging them before a restart?

I know I worded these more as questions but you can also look at them as suggestions.

Yes, fastboot is enabled, RAM are in correct slots, there is 1 HDD installed but not as the main drive, I have not tried to unplug it

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Assuming Fastboot is enabled the POST time should shorten drastically due to bypassing POST memory stress tests. However, the system requires continual AC for this to work. If power is lost, the board will need to retrain.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Assuming Fastboot is enabled the POST time should shorten drastically due to bypassing POST memory stress tests. However, the system requires continual AC for this to work. If power is lost, the board will need to retrain.

Even with continual AC it repeats everytime, I have tried diffrent ram sticks from Team group and same result...

phantomapollyon
Level 8
I can't offer any help, though I can confirm that my z690 hero does exactly the same thing. I was coming from a z390 that POST'd almost instantaneously with fastboot on, and comparatively speaking this thing takes forever.