cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog maximus z690 hero + tuf 6900 xt = hyper m2 not working?

MarkFalk
Level 8
Greetings.

I'm stuck with a problem. I'm using a z690 maximus hero motherboard with an intel 12700k. One SSD in installed on MB and other 2 are installed on the Hyper M2 card that comes with the motherboard. Until now was using a strix R9 390x GPU and the system was working fine (used to see all the 3 SSD). The Hyper M2 card is installed on the right slot.

Now i've installed the new TUF RX 6900 XT ... and i don't see anymore the 2 SSD installed on the Hyper M2 card (the one installed on the motherboard is the boot device).

Am i missing something ?

Thank you in advance
4 REPLIES 4

world
Hey MarkFalk,

For the 2 SSDs on the Hyper M2 card, when you say you can't see them, do you mean within the OS, in BIOS, or both?

world wrote:
Hey MarkFalk,

For the 2 SSDs on the Hyper M2 card, when you say you can't see them, do you mean within the OS, in BIOS, or both?

Since yesterday, when i've installed the new 6900 XT GPU, they don't show in nvme bios section (it shows the only one installed on the mainboard).
Hyper M2 was working fine with my old GPU.

Ps: i'm using latest bios version obv.

Figured out why.

The onboard nvms use 4x pcie lanes.
The gpu 16.

Intel gen 12 have a total of 20 pcie lanes.

I "theorically" would need 8 more lanes to use the nvmes on hyper m2 card .. (by setting the gpu at x8) but up to now there is no way to set that.

world
If you go to your BIOS and go to Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration\PCI Express Configuration, do you have the option of changing the PCIE speeds?

Maybe something like this