cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Helios Case Advice

F1Aussie
Level 11
Hi all, I will soon be building a new rig in the Helios Case and am changing the standard fans that come with the Case with some noctua pwm fans. I want to run the fans directly to the motherboard as well as plug the RGB cable directly into the mobo as well.

If I do this can I get rid of the fan controller in the case completely?

If this is possible I assume I would need to get an extension for the rgb cable to reach the mobo?

The image below shows the 4 fan connections; 3 on the left, 1 on the right. I think the white one is the RGB for the front of the case? Not sure what the black connector is next to the right one; possibly to connect the fans to the fans panel controls?

All comments welcome, cheers. F1A

2 REPLIES 2

pndiode
Level 11
I do not use the fan controller but left it in if I decide to sell the case later (power disconnected). The white connector goes to the power supply. The black connector goes to the front IO panel that connects to the Fan switch on top of the case (Low or High). No RGB extension cable required. Front LED RGB cable is long enough to reach the top or bottom connector on motherboard. Put LED Switch on top of case in MB mode when connected to Motherboard 5v RGB. ROG STRIX HELIOS user manual page 14,15 and 16.

pndiode wrote:
I do not use the fan controller but left it in if I decide to sell the case later (power disconnected). The white connector goes to the power supply. The black connector goes to the front IO panel that connects to the Fan switch on top of the case (Low or High). No RGB extension cable required. Front LED RGB cable is long enough to reach the top or bottom connector on motherboard. Put LED Switch on top of case in MB mode when connected to Motherboard 5v RGB. ROG STRIX HELIOS user manual page 14,15 and 16.

Thanks for that info, very useful, hope to start putting it together in the next couple of weeks.