cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair Hero VII RAM Compatability

Hajutze
Level 7
Hello to everybody and happy holidays (in advance 🙂 )

I have a ROG Crosshair Hero VII motherboard with a Ryzen 2700X.

The RAM that I got is A-DATA 2 x 8gb DDR4 3600 XPG Z1.

By default (Auto) the BIOS was setting the RAM at 2666 and 1.2v. I've managed to increase the speed to 2933 by increasing the voltage up to 1.35 (the voltage listed in the factory specs). Trying to increase the speed above 2933 results in a failure to boot. I tried increasing the voltage up to 1.5 but it didn't seem to work (so I turned it back to 1.35). I've tried using some of the BIOS presets and/or turning the AI Overclock Tuner but it didn't really all that much (nothing essentially :D).

I've tried reading a bit from the Crosshair Hero VII Essential Info Thread, but truth to be told my knowledge isn't all that intensive so I decided not to dabble too deep into a territory that I am not familiar with (it can backfire).

After some googling I was left with the impression that simply that particular RAM doesn't mesh too well with the Crosshair Hero VII.

So tl;dr - is the ram not compatible and if it is, can anyone give me some tips for increasing the speed to at least 3200 (In all fairness I am not aiming for 3600, but as they say I've paid for it I might as well try to push it to it's reasonable limits 🙂 )
1 REPLY 1

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hajutze wrote:
that particular RAM doesn't mesh too well with the Crosshair Hero VII.

Sounds like it's probably a case of this. Is the kit on the QVL for the board?

For 24/7 use I'd say stick at or near 1.35v...maybe investigate SOC voltage and try up to 1.2v...maybe that could help but at the end of the day, Ryzen memory controllers are pretty picky with RAM...