cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB LED's MIssing - STRIX 1080 Gaming

JimmyH
Level 10
Has anyone else had an issue where half the LED's on the GPU are missing or dimmed. Please see attached picture. This happened quite a few weeks ago, but I thought it was just the angle of the light in the room, added to that I haven't been on my PC for a while.

Things I have tried:

Uninstall/Re-installed AURA
Uninstall/Re-installed Armory
Updated to latest drivers.
Have unpluged PSU and reconnected, same with PCIE slot.

The first two LED's are dark, the middle ones dim, and the end two lit.

I have also tried different settings on AURA.

Help please
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
JimmyH wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue where half the LED's on the GPU are missing or dimmed. Please see attached picture. This happened quite a few weeks ago, but I thought it was just the angle of the light in the room, added to that I haven't been on my PC for a while.

Things I have tried:

Uninstall/Re-installed AURA
Uninstall/Re-installed Armory
Updated to latest drivers.
Have unpluged PSU and reconnected, same with PCIE slot.

The first two LED's are dark, the middle ones dim, and the end two lit.

I have also tried different settings on AURA.

Help please

That is not issues with aura. That is the plastic tube being crystallize. There are only 2 led diode there. You need to replace those. Is easy there is a post somewhere here im order to check how is done and what size (diameter) but is easy.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...RGB-LEDs/page5
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
That is not issues with aura. That is the plastic tube being crystallize. There are only 2 led diode there. You need to replace those. Is easy there is a post somewhere here im order to check how is done and what size (diameter) but is easy.

here is the link

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99996-Strange-issue-with-1070-Strix-RGB-LEDs/page5
Learn, Play Enjoy!