cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme bd error

NuMetal93
Level 7
My pc had been working fine up to today when it suddenly BSODed every time I tried to boot, after clearing cmos and entering my preferred settings it would not boot at all . It displays the error bd on the post indicator.
my system boots with optimized defaults but it goes though at least 4 boot cycles until it boots. each time it fails it sits on bd for a bit. After looking up the issue it seems to be to little cpu agent voltage. I tried to increse it up to 1.07 volts but it use to run find on the auto setting of.0883 volts.
Im not sure whats wrong with my system, anytime i use anything other then then the optimized defaults it wont boot and when it does boot it takes at least 4 minutes.
Im worried my cpu is going bad, I have no idea what to try. Any help would be much appreciated.

My system specs are:
Asus rampage v extreme:
Intel i7 6850k
three gtx 980 sli
32 gb corsair ddr4 2800 mhz ram
samsung 950 pro 500 gb
custom water cooled.
24 REPLIES 24

NuMetal93
Level 7
nothing new in months and i was on the latest bois and rolling back did nothing

Nate152
Here is a thread about code BD maybe you can find something in here that will help you.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51672-LED-Debug-Code-quot-BD-quot-No-restart

You could try with 1 stick of ram, enable XMP and see how that goes.

You could try setting your ram manually and raising the Dram voltage to 1.40v.

NuMetal93
Level 7
i have alredy read that but thanks. i have alredy tried just one stick of ram. this is why i thnk something broke, there is no reason it should need any changes. it had been working fine for months

Nate152

NuMetal93
Level 7
Yep, and upon further testing my board only detects of my 24 of my 32 gigs, but it works perfectly with only 16 gigs of ram. I think 2 of my dimms are dead.

Nate152
It's a possibility, it can also be too low of cpu system agent voltage and vccio voltage.

NuMetal93
Level 7
I tested the voltages that you showed me and went a little further with no luck.

Nate152
Hmmm ok then,

The only way to know if you have a faulty stick is to try all sticks one at a time in a working slot, then try a single stick in all slots.

A bit of a pain I know but maybe this will tell us something.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Check carefully...each stick of RAM in a working slot and then a known good stick in each slot....this will tell you if it is sticks or slots that are the problem. Can be failure of CPU or MB or RAM...thorough testing of sticks and slots will at least eliminate RAM as a possibility. Otherwise very often it comes down to CPU or MB and substituting one or the other...:(

NuMetal93
Level 7
So after tedious checking with my ram, two of my slots died somehow. I replaced my board with a rampage edition 10 and everything is working fine. thanks for all the help