cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Help!

Leveecius
Level 7
Hey guys, I'm not new to computers, or to ROG, I have a G75VW laptop still rolling right now and love it! However, this is my first ROG desktop I've build and I must say, I'm having issues with it. So I'll give my specs first, then I'll give the issues.

Specs:

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula x570
Gskill DDR4-4400 (F4-440C18D-16GTZR 2x 8GB)
Thermaltake 1250 RGB platinum power supply
MSI Armor 1080GTX OC x2 GPU's Hard bridge SLI
Ryzen 3950x CPU
2 M.2 drives
Full custom dual loop water cooling
Thermaltake T900 Tower.

Now, no overclocking has been done, only thing that has been done is updated the bios to 1001, as well as disabled CPU fan monitor as that was throwing a code upon trying to post. Now the issues that I'm having, I'm sure can be simple, or maybe not. But here they go.

1. When I boot my computer, it will NOT allow me to use my monitor through a DP (any of the 6 I have available). I've tried both cards, and neither will turn on a screen or send signal through DP. It will work just fine in HDMI, on one card, but not on the other or in DP. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. This is my biggest and most annoying issue. It will NOT, I repeat, will NOT run my ram at 4400mhz. It is on the QVL list and I've been playing with voltages and timings for a LONG time, and have even RMA'd my ram and this is still not working. I've tried the DDOS setting and manual. I've put the voltage for the SOC to 1.5 and the DRAM volts to 1.4. I'm using the timings on the box (which match the ones in the QVL list) and still nothing.. What am I missing? I'm fairly familiar with OC stuff, but this isn't running the speed it said it would right out of the box according to ASUS.. Any input?

Thanks in advance guys! 😄
0 REPLIES 0