cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Help on Maximus VI Formula Please

djb
Level 9
I'm back again, last time I was thinking of the Impact and 780 ti, well, as usual for me, I ended up getting the Formula and 2-780 ti's.

Purchased:

MVIF
2X evga 780 ti
Corsair H110
Case: Corsair Air 540

I'm reading/read your guys stuff on SSD's, good stuff. Thank You

On PSU, understand to make sure to get Haswell c6/c7 state ready. I think I should get 1200W to be safe. I like extra power.

I get stumped on the Ram, as always. 1333, 1600, 1866....etc.

Purpose:

Nvidia 3D Gaming, Single Monitor and/or Projector, highest possible settings
I will OC GPU's to whatever I can
I will OC CPU, more than likely with highest default OC settings in BIOS to begin with. I will fiddle more when time allows.
Case will have lots of air
In the past, understand to have 2 dimms instead of 4?
8 GB or 16 GB total? 16?

Ok, my stumping point, 1333, 1600, 1866 or higher???

Thank you for all the info inside this red/black forum. I appreciate it.
I Love ROG 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Get a 16GB or 32 GB kit of 2133MHz memory. That is the sweet spot price wise and performance wise.

edit: 2400MHz is pretty cool too.

Either is a good option, I really rate the kit that Chino linked you too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15
For a powerful system, you need to pair it with some capable RAM. The TridentX memory kits have always been very reliable and fast so it's hard not to recommend it. Here's a nice G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Mode... kit. 😉

Chino wrote:
The TridentX memory kits have always been very reliable and fast so it's hard not to recommend it. Here's a nice G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Mode... kit. 😉

I caught that same memory on sale the other day so picked up some more. I now have 8 sets and they work fine with Z77, Z87, X79 and AMD.

Praz wrote:
I caught that same memory on sale the other day so picked up some more. I now have 8 sets and they work fine with Z77, Z87, X79 and AMD.

Thanks again, I just bought them. I really appreciate the input!
I Love ROG 🙂

djb
Level 9
Thank you very much for the quick help. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 🙂
I Love ROG 🙂