cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 and windows installation with SSHD

SMerhawk
Level 7
i7 3970x
64 gigs of g skill Ripjaw z series (still at their natural clock)
rampage IV extreme
gtx titan
corsair hd110 cpu cooling
2X samsung 840 sshd (512 gig)
1TB seagate sv35
1200 cooler master psu
windows 7 pro

Okay...so it's been a couple days of fighting with my computer just trying to get windows installed and my sshds in raid 0. First off, my computer will not enter the raid configure (through ctrl I during POST) so with that failing I installed windows to one of my sshds then my plan was to pair them through Disk Managment (I did load the RAID driver from my jump drive) but this doesn't work it'll only pair to my traditional hd. With that failing I decided to put windows on my traditional hd and pair the sshds later, but i can't get windows off my sshd (including hooking it up to my other computer and formatting it). And now my system is completely ****ed because windows is on none of my drives and it won't install because it says the drive is isn't eligible, nor will anything format through my windows install disk. And I tried the repair function, with zero luck. I also hooked up one of my sshds to my other computer and tried to use the samsung software to "secure wipe" the drive but it fails at 20% every time.

Can anybody help me? I'm tempted to return the traditional hd and get 2 more sshds, but I don't know it raiding 4 drives is going to be even worse. Also I can't return the sshds because they are "still under manuf warranty" ...thanks newegg.
4 REPLIES 4

SMerhawk
Level 7
Used parting magic to clear my sshds and put both of my drives in the intel sata ports. I was then able to get into Intel Media Storage and set up RAID 0. Now i need to find windows drivers for x79.

SMerhawk
Level 7
Thank you! Much love and rep.

Gorman
Level 12
Refering to SSDs as SSHDs is super confusing. I thought you were doing some kind of networked install of W7 and I was very interested...