cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with my system..

MrBlueGuy
Level 7
Greetings.

I build my system a few months ago, but I've had so much problems I've lost count..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MOBO: ASUS ROG B450-F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 2x8GB (16GB)
GPU: ASUS 970 Strix OC 4GB
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB
HDD: WD Black Caviar 1TB
PSU: Corsair RMx750
(No OC)

I am looking for the correct settings in BIOS or something..
When I play games, Ethernet randomly disconnects and the game starts to freeze and then goes back to normal and repeats few times before crashing the game and goes to the desktop (Where everything has frozen and I can't do anything other than moving the mouse)

I'm getting really tired of this, I want to be able and game in peace without having any issues.. Please, can somebody help me? Do I need to set voltages? OC something or what? I'm getting tired and sad at the same time.. I double checked everything before building and it was all compatible. (GPU will be upgraded in the near future)

I've tried setting XMP but no matter what it still happens. Sometimes even windows just freeze. I've checked the temps, but they are normal. No overheating issue. Latest BIOS (Update directly when I see new updates)

I don't know what to do..

Can someone please help me.

I am begging you... :'(
21 REPLIES 21

RedSector73
Level 12
bit of a process as fair few things that can cause you this trouble.

Lets get DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/, use this uninstall your graphics drivers ( in SAFEMODE ) and then reinstall your graphics drivers in custom mode and check clean install. This will ensure your graphic drivers are all ok.

Let's check out your OS is good.

POWERSHELL:-

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannnow

wait till complete
now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again.

Next

snappy driver installer, download the light vesrion
https://sdi-tool.org/download/

This program is pro at getting the best optimal drivers for your system.

Video - how to use the program

This will help eliminate software/drivers as the issue.

Re
Level 10
Well the easiest way look into your windows crash reports. Sounds like a defect RAM. Have you tried the default bios settings?

RedSector73

Drivers are good. GPU is alright it seems. Still can't find what the issue is.

Re@per

Yes I am running standard settings, tried changing a few things. But still nothing. RAM is all good. Ran MemTest for 5-6 Hours with no errors.

I just can't find anything, I've done it all. But nothing seems to work.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_32KNy2cXYU&feature=youtu.be
I ran AIDA64 just so I can get the freeze issue on tape. Tape? You still say that nowadays? lol

Re
Level 10
install latencymon maybe a driver is broken. What says the Windows alarm section?history?

Re@per wrote:
install latencymon maybe a driver is broken. What says the Windows alarm section?history?

I installed and ran LatencyMon v6.71 And it's all green: "Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts".

I get a few errors and critical ones. The critical ones are just from the rebooting(which I have to do when system freezes).
I've fixed a lot of errors but there's still a few ones to go.

EDIT: Now it's red. "One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Controlpanel and BIOS setup".

MrBlueGuy wrote:
I installed and ran LatencyMon v6.71 And it's all green: "Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts".

I get a few errors and critical ones. The critical ones are just from the rebooting(which I have to do when system freezes).
I've fixed a lot of errors but there's still a few ones to go.

EDIT: Now it's red. "One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Controlpanel and BIOS setup".

which one is red?= have u tried a fresh windows install?

Re@per wrote:
which one is red?= have u tried a fresh windows install?

This is what it says: https://ibb.co/nBhdSvf

I've probably reinstalled Windows 12-14 times by now.

Re
Level 10
well if u have reinstalled windows 12-14 times... it must be a hardware related issue. are u using a riser cable? something has to be happen before ur critical erros a hardware must stop working... if u use a riser cable put ur gpu directly on ur pci slot other else u have to try piece by piece. just use one ram by one.. use ur onboard gpu.. .

last year i had something like that and the issue was a broken pin of my intel cpu.
last month on a other system it was a bad riser cable.

Re@per wrote:
well if u have reinstalled windows 12-14 times... it must be a hardware related issue. are u using a riser cable? something has to be happen before ur critical erros a hardware must stop working... if u use a riser cable put ur gpu directly on ur pci slot other else u have to try piece by piece. just use one ram by one.. use ur onboard gpu.. .

last year i had something like that and the issue was a broken pin of my intel cpu.
last month on a other system it was a bad riser cable.

Oh I see... Well my GPU does have a few years on it, still working fine (before being interruped lol). No I put the GPU directly in PCIE slot (First as MOBO manual says).

I hope it's not the CPU, I was very careful placing it in its slot. I did had to change the thermal paste one time. Come to think about it I am getting jumpy CPU temp when I check temp in BIOS. Can go from 29c to 40-45c, jumps around a bit. Perhaps I got to check that out, maybe clean and apply fresh paste again. Best way is one "dot" in the center of CPU, right? If no success I guess I got to check piece by piece, ugh.. What a hassle.