cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Issues, looking for opinions.

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Hello everyone.

As the title suggests, I'm having power issues. With the power supply switched on, one would expect to see all the standard mobo lights illuminated, such as power, bios, rog logos etc
However, on my mobo, they will flash, and then the light fades from my board just as quickly.
This happens with all power lights across all components including GPU, USB devices etc. They flash on, then go out again.
You can see what is happening with the mobo here:
https://youtu.be/UDM9eJJQYhE

Now... when one turns off the power supply switch, the power fades dlfrom the board within a few seconds as the caps drain.
On my system, these flashes continue to occur up to 10 minutes after the PSU is switched off, even if I remove the power cable from the wall.
I just can't work out if it's a PSU or mobo fault. I have tested voltages on the ATX 24 pin and all are fine, but obviously there is no component load.
However if I can get my system to boot, it will run perfectly fine until I shut it down, overclocks and all!
No crashing, hours of gaming at a time, everything works perfectly!
So why, sometimes, can't I get the system to power up to pre-start conditions?

Can anyone shed any light here?

Thanks guys, all the best.
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi InFAMAS-ONE

The fact that it wants to power the motherboard for 10 minutes after it's switched off and unplugged sounds like a psu issue.

Would you have another psu to test with?

It sounds like you are experiencing power issues with your computer. When you turn on the power supply, the standard motherboard lights should illuminate, but instead, they flash and then quickly fade away. This is happening with all power lights across all components, including the GPU and USB devices. When you turn off the power supply switch, the power fades from the board within a few seconds as the capacitors drain. However, on your system, these flashes continue to occur for up to 10 minutes after the PSU is switched off, even if you remove the power cable from the wall.