cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential upgrade bottleneck? AMD 1100T BE

EllusionSK
Level 7
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I wanted to ask others on the forum. I am about to upgrade my PC this weekend and I wanted to see how much at all I would be bottle necking my upgrade.

Current Specs

CPU - AMD 1100T BE - currently running stock speeds but will be OCing to 4.0ghz +
Heatsink - Stock cooler
MB - ASUS sabertooth 990FX 1.0
Ram - 1600mhz - 8gb Gskillz RAM
PSU - Antec 650 watt
GSU - 580GTX

Upgrading this weekend

CPU - SAME 1100T BE
Heatsink - Noctua NH-D14
MB - SAME
Ram - Same
PSU - Same
GSU - MSI 770GTX

So with this new GPU - will my system be bottle necked because of my CPU? I am pretty sure the answer is no but I just wanted to make sure. I do have a AM3+ system board and I was thinking about updating the CPU, which I may do in the near future, but wanted to see how this system would hold up. I plan on playing games like BF4 - Crysis 3- WoW - SC2 - etc etc all on the highest settings possible. Single monitor - 1080p. So far other forums on the net are the same. Some say it will be just fine, which I think it will be, and some say that it will in fact bottle neck. What would cause the bottle neck? The lack of core clock speed? I know I should be able to get the 1100T to 4.0 easily if not 4.2 or higher. I've got 4.0GHz on the stock cooler which wasn't a great idea seeing how it was extremely hot but it was stable, for the most part. I didn't OC for long. Again, I pretty much know the system will be fine and everything should be good to go, its just nice to know that I won't have potentially power not being utilized by GPU if the CPU is lacking. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Antronman
Level 10
It won't be bottlenecked 🙂

No worries pal 😄
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me