cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phentek build advice needed

Bluebrains
Level 7
I am transferring everything in my current case to a new Phentek Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614LTG_BK case. Besides my Asus Edition 10 and other parts, I will be installing a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB Edition PWM AIO Cooler. This cooler has 3 fans, a 360 rad, and a controller box. The contoller's cable is supposed to be connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard.

The Phentek case, however, has a PWM hub. The hub has 6 fan headers. It also has a cable to connect the hub to the CPU header on the motherboard.

Should I use the Phentek's PWM hub? I am guessing if I use it, I would leave the case's fan connections in place, and just add the Thermaltake controller's cable to the hub. And then connect the Phentek PWM hub's cable to the motherboard's CPU header.

What if I do not use the Phentek PWM hub? In this situation, I would disconnect the 3 case fan cables from the PWM hub, and simply put the cables on fan headers on the motherboard. Then I would connect the Thermaltake cotroller's cable to the CPU header on the motherboard.

Please comment.
2 REPLIES 2

Zka17
Level 16
I think you would be better off connecting the controller only to the motheboard's CPU fan header...
Use the hub for other fans...

Zka17 wrote:
I think you would be better off connecting the controller only to the motheboard's CPU fan header...
Use the hub for other fans...

Sounds like good advice. Thank you for your response.