cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG35VQ fan noise

Cuppie
Level 9
Hi

I have two PG35VQ and I noticed a odd behavior in the fans. When in use the fans are barely audible, however when I turn off the monitor, at the back, the fans ramp up and stay at maximum*indefinitely. It happens in both monitor.**

This is obviously an issue for someone who's using the monitor in a bedroom, since at maximum the fans are very intrusive.*

Is this normal? If so, why?

PS: I have DP Deep Sleep turned off in both monitors, since it was giving me issues. Maybe it's related?
4 REPLIES 4

Cuppie
Level 9
Anyone?

I think everyone is gob smacked that you don't have the flicker issue plaguing most of us. I haven't even heard the fan on my PG35VQ yet. Just tested in both off and on with my ear on the top of the monitor and can barrreely hear it. So I would say not normal, but consider yourself lucky if you don't have the issues most of us have. I am actually going to exchange mine tommorow.

Mine has this issue also.
Ever get it figured out?

Bought a PG35VQ a couple of months and the fan noise was unbearable at idle. A rattle and whine, plus ramping. Sent it of to get fixed and they acknowledged it was faulty. They tried to repair but ended declaring it DOA.

On my second one and its even louder and needs to be sent off again.

Did any one find a solution??