cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI Device in device manager?

realbrutal
Level 9
I just did a fresh install of windows 10 on my X99-A system and there is just one remaining device that I have no clue what driver to install for it. It shows up on other devices in the device manager as "PCI device". it is located on PCI Slot 4 (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 3). does anyone have any idea what this device could possibly be or know where I can find a driver for it?

i tried ASUS website and I don't think i found a driver for it. i tried windows update and it wouldn't find anything too. its literally the only device left and i really want to install the driver for it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS PRIME X99-A motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H97/Z97/X99)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I217/I218/I219

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

You have an ASUS PRIME Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

realbrutal
Level 9
Thank very much mokichu for your detailed response. My initial reaction is off shock because I had this motherboard since maybe 2015 and didn't have a clue about the things you posted here.

My motherboard is a ASUS X99-A i believe. I googled PRIME X99-A but couldn't find this motherboard. This is my motherboard on the ASUS website (i hope lol wtf).
https://www.asus.com/uk/supportonly/X99-A/HelpDesk_Download/

About the Intel ME Consumer Firmware, i never knew you had to install a firmware for intel ME. Also out of interest is intel ME the same as Intel MEI? I ran the ME firmware version checker and my current version is 9.1.37.1002 so its not the latest firmware version. also i understand a firmware is different to drivers in general so if i update the Intel ME firmware will it always stay at that version even if i do a fresh windows 10 install?

about the intel chipset/MEI/SATA drivers i don't know if my motherboard is a 6x or 7x or 8x or 9x. also do i need the SATA AHCI-RAID Driver? i only have one SSD currently installed in my system (Samsung 850 EVO 500GB). Also I have disabled my Realtek audio from within the bios (i need to double check that i have lol) because I'm using a sound card (Sound blaster Z).

about the Intel Ethernet Drivers, there is a few drivers listed there so how do i know which one is for my motherboard? also my motherboard does not have a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth i believe so these drivers don't apply right?

i really don't know how to do the clean up process, well i cant because i installed those drivers from windows update and i cant see them in add or remove programs. however I'm willing to do a fresh windows 10 install just to use your drivers instead. lastly i wont start updating the ME firmware or install any driver until you confirm that i have the correct motherboard. Many thanks.

realbrutal
Level 9
quick update:

i managed to update the Intel ME firmware successfully. i also updated the chipset and MEI drivers however i couldn't find the intel SATA device in device manager so still didnt update that. my Realtek audio is disabled so i presume i don't need the driver since it may conflict with my sound card. the unknown PCI device is still there. can i just safely ignore it?

Nate152
Hi realbrutal

Got your pm.

PCI Device could be a number of things, could you post the hardware ID.

Then we'll do a search and it should tell us what the PCI Device is.

realbrutal
Level 9
Hi Nate152, guess what? I provided the Hardware IDs to Mokichu and he worked out that i needed to install the USB C for my graphics card driver. I installed it and boom! no more unknown devices. A massive thanks to Mokichu and yourself. Thank you soo much guys. you are stars!

edit : and apologies for posting in the wrong section.

Nate152

realbrutal
Level 9
Of course! Oops how do rep please lol

edit: reps left! hopefully!!

edit 2: it says in my inbox there is one PM in my inbox but I cant see it. im i missing something?