cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Cooling: Need Liquid Pump Advice

Arkader
Level 9
Hello, i want to build liquid PC cooling with flexible pipes and can't decide if 300L DDC-3000rpm pump is enough or need more, please see this example photo.
Thank you for any advice.
P.s. i not understand why my avatar was removed, if there is some problem then tell me directly, just removed without any notification, shame on you.
Life is a game in which you are the main protagonist.
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I've used a single DDC with two blocks and two rads and it seemed to work fine. I even had some quick disconnects in the mix IIRC. Personally I prefer D5's if you have the space. To me they sound better than a whiny DDC.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I've used a single DDC with two blocks and two rads and it seemed to work fine. I even had some quick disconnects in the mix IIRC. Personally I prefer D5's if you have the space. To me they sound better than a whiny DDC.

Hi, what specs have your pump?
Thank you.

P.s. from what i see this build in my head i understand the faster water will flow the better it will cool so i think need more than 300L for such loop.

iTesla wrote:
Hi, what specs have your pump?
Thank you.

P.s. from what i see this build in my head i understand the faster water will flow the better it will cool so i think need more than 300L for such loop.

Most DDC pumps are similar in terms of performance. There have been revisions over the years which help with reliability and some are straight voltage vs PWM. My DDC pumps are very old so you likely won't find the exact same one.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
i have used both of them and prefer D5

but if you buy D5 dont run it at max speed setting, it will only heat up the water in the loop and radiators have to work just to keep the water temp down

i did an experiment before, because i suspected the above

i connected a short loop: pump-tubing-reservoir (no radiator or blocks), and had the water cycle for 10-20 min with the D5 at max speed setting
after 10-20 minutes i grabbed the tubing and it was so hot that the tubing almost collapsed, very hot

sorry this was off topic, but i don't think there is so much information about this in here, so it can be worth to mention

I believe there are a couple of different versions of the D5 PWM pump on the market today, some said to be better than others (longevity)

so you might want to look on into that

D5 have my vote, i had many before without any of them failing on me
DDC = good for small spaces

D5 @ 100% speed setting is not improving the loops cooling performance!
(pump speed setting 2-3 or 20%-50% is normal and its really no benefits running the pump faster than this under normal scenarios)
noise proof the pump, with thick silicone feet under (it easy to DIY), and it will be very quiet once the air is gone from the loop
the pump make annoying noise if its attached directly to the case or running at very high speed
good luck

BigJohnny
Level 13
DDCs are louder and need heatsinks. They have a better lift at the sacrifice of flow rates. Ive used both and prefer D5, preferably at least 2 in serial for more flow and redundancy.

Arkader
Level 9
Because of limited space i decided to order DDC PWM 800L pump from Freezemod without load have 5000rpm but with load is 3000rpm speed, also based on reviews everyone say that it is very quiet.
Will post updates on how it goes, thank you everyone for support.
P.s. i decided to liquid cool because Oculus Quest is overheating my GPU and it glitches/freezes, in my country will be cheaper to cool than buy new GPU video card.

Arkader
Level 9
Hello
I was finally able to finish this project, due to COVID was not able to buy everything.
Had to rewire the connections, even had to cut a small part of PCH cooling fan so the capacitors of GPU card don't stay in the way and this how it looks.
If you have questions ask.