cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC built and awesome.. but now windows 10 usb install says media driver missing...

djmarks
Level 9
So many thanks to Arne and mdzcpa for their help - got my pc finally put together this afternoon and she looks fantastic!!

Now i'm trying to install win 10 home from a usb and after selecting the language, I get the infamous msg -
"A media driver your computer needs is missing.... "

I've already searched internet and tried the "use different usb port" which hasn't worked and I've tried downloading IRST drivers as someone said that worked for them, but still no joy!

Anyone know a fix for this or which driver it's looking for??

Cheers all
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
I assume your trying to install Windows 10 onto the M.2 drive from your system specs, do you have raid enabled in the bios (F5 defaults is a good way to install your OS) then make bios changes after install? do you only have the one drive installed?
Do you only have a keyboard and mouse connected, no other USB peripherals? How was your copy of Windows installed on your USB drive?

Menthol wrote:
I assume your trying to install Windows 10 onto the M.2 drive from your system specs, do you have raid enabled in the bios (F5 defaults is a good way to install your OS) then make bios changes after install? do you only have the one drive installed?
Do you only have a keyboard and mouse connected, no other USB peripherals? How was your copy of Windows installed on your USB drive?

Thanks for the reply. Yep trying to install on the M.2 drive. Haven't made any changes to bios yet if raid is disabled by default then that how it is - should it be enabled?
Only 1 drive installed - M.2 and only k/board and mouse connected.
Win 10 was downloaded and created from microsft site using their media creation tool.

Edit: Got it sorted - burnt win10 onto dvd and pulled dvd player out of old pc into new one and it's installing fine now!!

Retired
Not applicable
djmarks wrote:

Edit: Got it sorted - burnt win10 onto dvd and pulled dvd player out of old pc into new one and it's installing fine now!!

Good old DVD's 🙂