cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops where do these go?

repxsr
Level 9

Pulled them out by accident but did not see where they were when I changed the GPU.
tempFileForShare_20240325-141703.jpg

24 REPLIES 24

Rooke
Level 11

What are they attached to?  That might give us a clue as to where they connect.

Have a Good One! 😎
Rooke

They go to the rear of the MB and back up vertically to the very top of the case into the radiator it appears.

20240327_124953.jpg

repxsr
Level 9

They have never been long enough to go to the CPU... just under the GPU, but I could not see as the GPU was in the way. I removed the GPU but still can't see where.

Nate152

Thank you,

They are not RGB and ARGB cables, I'm not sure what they are for or where they connect, I'm still researching.

It's hard to find any information on those cables.

Are they single pin or dual pin cables?

They are not even for pins. They are folded over like a U and squeezed... seem to slide into somewhere but not onto pins.

repxsr_0-1711559605293.png

repxsr_1-1711559623660.png

Nate152

Thank you

I have to go for a bit, when I get back, I'll see what I can find on them.

Nate152

I don't know the name of that type of connector, so researching it is tough. And because it's a prebuilt pc, there is nothing in the manual that shows us anything about case to motherboard connections. 

I still haven't found any information, but I did come across a photo that vaguely shows the area of where one connects. 

cable check.png

It looks like it would be in this area possibly on the bottom of the gpu or between the pcie x1 slot and your gpu.

sensors.png

Do you think it could be on the underside attached to the GPU or definitely motherboard? 

I think it might be wifi connectors? No idea where they go though