cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dual Channel on TUF X299 Mark2

Dogeared
Level 7
Hi folks

I have an issue trying to enable dual channel on this board. I have enabled XMP and have the dimms in the grey slots a1, b1, c1, d1. They are working but not performing well as shown in the UserBenchmark http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7550340

CPU: Intel Core i7-7800X - 108.7%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 - 65.1%
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB - 223.1%
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - 111.9%
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - 56%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 4x8GB - 84.6%
MBD: Asus TUF X299 MARK 2
Windows 10 64

I tried clearing the CMOS and running one dimm and two dimms but no difference.

CPU-Z has DC mode box blanked out.

Any input would be very welcome, thanks
5,935 Views
16 REPLIES 16

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
No...unless...

What is the exact kit part number?

If it's 3000 rated it ought to have a 3000 profile...

Is it a single quad channel kit? or two dual channel kits combined?


CMK32GX4M4C3000C15 x4 8gb kit http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/vengeance-lpx-32gb-4x8gb-ddr4-dram-3000mhz-c15-memory-kit-black-cmk32gx...

In that link kit claims to have XMP 2 that should recognise the right speed

Still can't get it to 3000

Just noticed this on the Asus site next to the most recent BIOS

*R-DIMM is not supported.

Dogeared wrote:
CMK32GX4M4C3000C15 x4 8gb kit http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/vengeance-lpx-32gb-4x8gb-ddr4-dram-3000mhz-c15-memory-kit-black-cmk32gx...

In that link kit claims to have XMP 2 that should recognise the right speed


XMP 2.0 was specification created for DDR4, see in that link FAQ & Support. Also as stated by Arne the RAM may have 2 profiles, perhaps the board did not pick the highest one. In FAQ of that link, section Why are there two XMP profiles on my Corsair DDR4? alludes to 2 profiles/purpose.

On the SPD tab of CPU-Z you may see both profile, if RAM kit has them and/or if CPU-Z can show all, Thaiphoon burner would defo show them if RAM kit has them.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel


R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB


24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
XMP 2.0 was specification created for DDR4, see in that link FAQ & Support. Also as stated by Arne the RAM may have 2 profiles, perhaps the board did not pick the highest one. In FAQ of that link, section Why are there two XMP profiles on my Corsair DDR4? alludes to 2 profiles/purpose.

On the SPD tab of CPU-Z you may see both profile, if RAM kit has them and/or if CPU-Z can show all, Thaiphoon burner would defo show them if RAM kit has them.


Thanks for that I'll take a look at typhoon burner. The SPD tab is empty.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Right well, that's weird...it should have a selectable 3000MHz profile....when the XMP menu drops in BIOS there is only the 2666...you scrolled down?

Anyway...just set that profile it it sets 15-17-17-35 and then set 3000 yourself manually on extreme tweaker tab as DRAM Frequency...check it's setting 1.35 DRAM voltage and boot that....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Right well, that's weird...it should have a selectable 3000MHz profile....when the XMP menu drops in BIOS there is only the 2666...you scrolled down?

Anyway...just set that profile it it sets 15-17-17-35 and then set 3000 yourself manually on extreme tweaker tab as DRAM Frequency...check it's setting 1.35 DRAM voltage and boot that....


Ok, I got there in the end 😉 I think part of the problem is how I am reading these benchmarks. Anyway, on CPU-Z I have each channel running at 1515, so effectively 3030

Guess I'll try a bit of clocking next 😮

Thanks for you help

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40