cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROG Z690 Extreme random freeze issues

xlitee22
Level 7
Dear Members!

I've built new setup. Rog Z690 Extreme, 12900K(with Thermal Grizzly socket), Rog Stix O24G 3090 + rog riser, 4 x 16gb G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000mhz, Rog Ryujin ii 360 cooler, Rog Thor ii 1000w PSU.

Bios newest, drivers updated (I think mostly).
No tuning, no xmp activated.

I'm having random freezes, 1-2 a day while im gaming. Checked the fault diary. When having the freeze, its usually says 2 fault and 1 critical. First is critical (the date) than 2 fault.
Critical is - Kernel-Power 41 - category (63)
Fault 1 - system shutdown unsucessfull - EvcentLog 6008
Fault 2 - WHEA-Logger 1

Oh and every second im having WARNING - PCI EXPRESS ROOT PORT - Advanced error reporting - WHEA-LOGGER 17

Elsődleges busz:eszköz:funkció: 0x0:0x1:0x0
Másodlagos busz:eszköz:funkció: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Elsődleges eszköz neve:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_460D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_02
Másodlagos eszköz neve:

Please help, I dont have any idea what to do, and im very desperated... :'(

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

ahfoo
Level 13
"Fault 2 - WHEA-Logger 1" refer to hardware failure. This need to identified which hardware causing the problems. Maybe ROG technical team able tell us what this message PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_460D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_02 is all about or member here happened to know what wrong. Or may be forums member MoKiChU can help, The driver guru.

BenchAndGames
Level 10
For WHEA log you have to disabled all the ASPM native on PCIe

And for the freeze I will say you have already manipulated the socket of the motherboard so the CPU its most likely not making the correct contact and thats why you have the freezes.

Put back the standard socket into the MB and test it

And for the
Critical is - Kernel-Power 41 - category (63)
Fault 1 - system shutdown unsucessfull - EvcentLog 6008

Its because when PC its freeze I guess you hard restart it or turn it OFF right ??

In the case you do, thats why you got those, because you hard restart/turn off the PC