cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Case - Thermaltake w100 or Phanteks Enthoo Primo

mjohnson24
Level 9
I have just recently acquired my dads old HAF932 AMD advanced case and switch his stuff for mine since he has passed away. Once i get a bigger and better case for watercooling etc i will put his stuff back in the HAF 932 case. My New build inside it is as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 6900k (OC'd to 4.2)
RAM: 64gb GSkill TridentZ F4-3200C16Q-64GTZ (4x16gb, OC'd to 320mhz)
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe ii
Hard Drives: 240gb SSD ( main, Apps ), 480gb SSD ( games ), 1.5tb, 1tb, 2tb
CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i GTX
GPU: 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 08G-P4-6286-KR
SLI Bridge: EVGA HD 1 Slot Bridge

The biggest and main reason for this build is to not only do gaming but to eventually get back into doing 3d in Autodesk Maya etc.

This is a multipart issue.

1: CASE
I was looking at a few so far.
a - Phanteks Enthoo Primo
b - Thermaltake Core W100
c - Caselabs Magnum SMA8 or Mercury S8
i know the Core W100 looks almost just like the SMA8 but its also much cheaper and in budget unless anyone has one of the to case labs they will sell me for that same price or cheaper as the other two above. I love them both and not sure which to get. Seriously need help deciding on which cause that depends on the Watercooling loop i do.

2: Watercooling Loop
I was thinking of going with EK and the below links will give you an idea of what im starting with. not sure if i have everything i need listed or not but it will be a little while before i get it. i know people talk about EK and alphacool etc but not familiar with a lot of these companies but i know EK is good. Also not sure if you can mix different parts from different companies or not. Seen a lot of peoples builds especially on pcpartspicker for people who have the Thermaltake Core w100 with inlets going to top of reservoir but i see EK says not to do that. So its all new to me and confusing as what i should do or get.

i know this guy https://pcpartpicker.com/b/gWNNnQ shows two different loops which i will only have one since as per one of my jpg’s i linked to below shows that it should only take one 480 rad to do it. Later i might do two (one on top for CPU, mobo and maybe ram and one on bottom for GPUs) but don’t know if it really needs two of them honestly. Not sure if id put the Rad on top or bottom and what the route would be but for now it will be on top until future i get the p100 pedestal for it. The pump would be below where the bottom rad and PSU will go unless theres a pump/rez combo that will work with this system thats yall think is better. Right now i got flex tubing since I’m new and not wanting to tackle the hard tubing.

Now if anyone lives in or around or a decent driving distance from Shreveport, Louisiana then let me know. Would love to find people in the area and meet fellow pc enthusiasts and gamers etc.

Click here for parts list
Click here or Price List

Some of that parts may change as i may get the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. sleeved pump) and minor changes or whatever but not major. But unless it changes the rad, coolant selected etc like that will stay the same. Fans i may go with Corsair SP120 fans instead of the EK vardars in push config unless i find out that i can do push pull config and still not interfere with the Mobo in anyway.

As of right now it will be one loop but future may be two (one for CPU being White and one for GPU being red) Mobo is black and white, case is black but wanna do red i think. Coolant still up in air.

Sorry for being so long and hopefully this is understandable the way i wrote it.

Whats yalls thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

mjohnson24
Level 9
So does anyone have any thoughts on this case and all?