cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build desktop slow on restart and on booting from shutdown

Tsou88
Level 7
Hello… i recently build my pc and i notice that when i turn it on from a shutdown or restart it takes about a minute to boot to windows.. my setup is *
rog maximus extreme z690,
i9 12900k unlocked,
2x16gb *corsair dominator platinum
Psu Corsair rm1000x
Artic cpu cooler ,4 corsair case fans*
4tb ssd samsung for storage
1tb samsung 980 pro nmve which runs windows 10 pro and some programs
Any advice would be*Much appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

DragDay7
Level 9
I don't know if it's Asus thing or newest gen chipset, but post boot time is nothing like it was before. PRIME Z690-A boots to login screen within aprox. 45 seconds. My previous build based on Z97 Ranger VII does the same in 11 seconds. I've tried everything, the only way to speed it up is to put it to sleep.

ahfoo
Level 13
Tsou88 wrote:
Hello… i recently build my pc and i notice that when i turn it on from a shutdown or restart it takes about a minute to boot to windows.. my setup is *
rog maximus extreme z690,
i9 12900k unlocked,
2x16gb *corsair dominator platinum
Psu Corsair rm1000x
Artic cpu cooler ,4 corsair case fans*
4tb ssd samsung for storage
1tb samsung 980 pro nmve which runs windows 10 pro and some programs
Any advice would be*Much appreciated.

Do check your bios, under advance tab (if I remember correctly) if you see ASUS Grid Install Service enable, just disable it. Next procees to boot and access windows services. Look for AsusUpdateCheck, stop it and disable it. Last step go to C:\Windows\System32 and look up for AsusUpdateCheck.exe, delete it and restart your PC. Hope this will help.

ahfoo wrote:
Do check your bios, under advance tab (if I remember correctly) if you see ASUS Grid Install Service enable, just disable it. Next procees to boot and access windows services. Look for AsusUpdateCheck, stop it and disable it. Last step go to C:\Windows\System32 and look up for AsusUpdateCheck.exe, delete it and restart your PC. Hope this will help.

doing this steps wont affect anything on my pc? Im asking because i have no idea about computers 🙂

Tsou88 wrote:
doing this steps wont affect anything on my pc? Im asking because i have no idea about computers 🙂

Hi, This step work for me for my previos system. But having said that, i dont have the same system spec as yours. From system hardware, windows enviorement and appliccation may do cause the problems. For any windows system config changes, please perform a windows backup when something do happen and you can return back route.

As I said earlier, we can shared the best solution within our best knowledge inside this forums. But no one can guarantee it will actually solved your problems. The best part enjoying personal computing beside gaming, trouble shoot is part of it.

Let us know if those step i mentioned earlier work for you.

Thank you.

ahfoo wrote:
Hi, This step work for me for my previos system. But having said that, i dont have the same system spec as yours. From system hardware, windows enviorement and appliccation may do cause the problems. For any windows system config changes, please perform a windows backup when something do happen and you can return back route.

As I said earlier, we can shared the best solution within our best knowledge inside this forums. But no one can guarantee it will actually solved your problems. The best part enjoying personal computing beside gaming, trouble shoot is part of it.

Let us know if those step i mentioned earlier work for you.

Thank you.

Bios does not have asus grid install anywhere..check them all Â*

Tsou88
Level 7
I did disable asus update check from services via msconfig tho and nothing happend

Tsou88 wrote:
I did disable asus update check from services via msconfig tho and nothing happend

As I mention it could be somthing else for causing that. The only option now to see what others devices causing that. Do you have Armoury Crarte install?

ahfoo wrote:
As I mention it could be somthing else for causing that. The only option now to see what others devices causing that. Do you have Armoury Crarte install?

yes i have it!

Tsou88 wrote:
yes i have it!

Now the that left with only your windows envirorement, apps and driver. FYI, the more windows startup program also increase boot time the same time shutting down or reboot your system. You can now checking on your windows 10/11 to see any other issue.