cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neep some advice with my EK ram modules and using Thermal Adhesive.

skywalker311
Level 8
I was wanting to know if I could use Arctic Sliver thermal adhesive on the thermal pads for my EK ram modules.
What I'm doing is first putting the pads on the chips, then I wanted to use the adhesive between just the pad's and the module itself. Will this work. I also have some thermal grease that I can mix in with it. That way it wont be permanent.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.
5 REPLIES 5

Antronman
Level 10
Any thermal paste will work.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

PowerOver9K
Level 9
skywalker311 wrote:
I was wanting to know if I could use Arctic Sliver thermal adhesive on the thermal pads for my EK ram modules.
What I'm doing is first putting the pads on the chips, then I wanted to use the adhesive between just the pad's and the module itself. Will this work. I also have some thermal grease that I can mix in with it. That way it wont be permanent.

You referring to the EK ram water blocks correct? Why don't you just use non-conductive AS ceramique instead of adhesive.
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

skywalker311
Level 8
I have a new unopen set of arctic silver thermal adhesive and I wanted it to be able to stay in place. I have 4 sticks of 16GB of G Skill Trident X ram. When I put the ram in the modules, they wont stay in place. It sticks fine on the chips but when I put the module together and put the screws in it. The ram keeps slipping out and the pad strips that EK puts in the sets are not sticky enough.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

PowerOver9K
Level 9
Talk to EK. It should stick. I used to use RAM water cooling when I was on phase change cooling and had everything water cooled. info@ekwb.com
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

Geraldo29
Level 7
Good job, Good Luck . :eek: