cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with the power cables PSU and HERO XI EPS

keladriano
Level 7
Hello All!

I just bought a lot of parts and it's my first time building a pc really had no experience on pc whatsoever just did a lot of youtube research. I just couldn't understand some other parts which is why it led me to this forum to ask for the help of you guys! Thanks in advance for whoever reads and might contribute anything to me.

Parts that I chose and already bought

i7 9700k
Asus Hero XI
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
Cooler Master ML360
Asus ROG O8G 2080 (sidenote as i am writing this I'm crying. I bought the 2080 since there wasnt any stocks last week for the 2080Ti ROG edition. I just received an e-mail that they have stocks and to rub more salt the game that is included in the promotion is only Battlefield V and now it has Anthem)
M.2 970 evo 500gb
1TB 860 evo
Cablemod PRO Series cable for RMX corsair

and I have a
CORSAIR RMx Series 850W ATX12V 24EPS12V 292 80 Plus Gold Modular PSU.

Now to the question.

1. I'm trying to figure out the cable that is needed for the EPS on the HERO XI should I plug in the 8pin + 4? Is it required or just the 8pin? if it would help hero XI any better I would plug it in. Will also be using the cablemod cables that I bought from the psu to the motherboard.

Thank you for your time!
0 REPLIES 0